Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jan 18, 2014
8:34:19 AM
Don't Sign Up for Gigapower. It's Down More Than It's Up
If you were thinking about signing up for gigapower, don't do it. I have had it for a few weeks and it has been down more than it's been up. It seems to go down several times a week for multiple hours at a time. AT&T can't provide any explanation on what's going on. I'm having to write this now on my wireless device because gigapower is down. If you rely on having Internet stay away from gigapower.
If you were thinking about signing up for gigapower, don't do it. I have had it for a few weeks and it has been down more than it's been up. It seems to go down several times a week for multiple hours at a time. AT&T can't provide any explanation on what's going on. I'm having to write this now on my wireless device because gigapower is down. If you rely on having Internet stay away from gigapower.

Don't Sign Up for Gigapower. It's Down More Than It's Up

3 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 8:57:12 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi bobcats9498,

I am so sorry about all the issues you are having with your U-verse services. I would definitely like to do everything we can to make sure this issue gets fixed. I will have our team send you a private message, so we can discuss this further.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi bobcats9498,

I am so sorry about all the issues you are having with your U-verse services. I would definitely like to do everything we can to make sure this issue gets fixed. I will have our team send you a private message, so we can discuss this further.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Don't Sign Up for Gigapower. It's Down More Than It's Up

2 of 4 (343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 10:46:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I got Gigapower hooked up 3 days ago, but have ad similar issues, with constant intermittent internet connection. I work from home, and this is unacceptable.

I got Gigapower hooked up 3 days ago, but have ad similar issues, with constant intermittent internet connection. I work from home, and this is unacceptable.

3 of 4 (293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 11:21:11 AM
(0)
Contributor
Spoiler
I've had Gigapower for a month now and I am not impressed. Firstly, my speeds don't even come close to the 300mbps. Tech was at my house today and did a speed test. My speed registered at just under 30mbps. My best friend doesn't have gigapower and has registered speeds faster than mine. Tech tells me it maybe the router. I'm paying a premium for faster speed but  am told that I may need to purchase a different route myself which is my second problem. This should already come with the package.  Lastly, when I first called about gigapower, the rep never mentioned the discounted price I'm paying was so AT&T would be allowed to monitor the websites I visit  so the can tailor solicitations accordingly. 

Spoiler
I've had Gigapower for a month now and I am not impressed. Firstly, my speeds don't even come close to the 300mbps. Tech was at my house today and did a speed test. My speed registered at just under 30mbps. My best friend doesn't have gigapower and has registered speeds faster than mine. Tech tells me it maybe the router. I'm paying a premium for faster speed but  am told that I may need to purchase a different route myself which is my second problem. This should already come with the package.  Lastly, when I first called about gigapower, the rep never mentioned the discounted price I'm paying was so AT&T would be allowed to monitor the websites I visit  so the can tailor solicitations accordingly. 

4 of 4 (229 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments