Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 27, 2013
12:02:22 PM
View profile
Does ATT Value existing customers?

Guess it's time to say goodbye to ATT U-Verse, and Hello to Xfinity!

I’m paying 77.43 just for Internet, and  basic, basic, basic channels. While for 99.00 Xfinity is offering Internet, Phone, and TV with a whole bunch of channels, plus HBO free for 6 months.

So makes no sense to stay with ATT. Specially when they don’t value existing customers.

They are forgetting that its less expensive to retain a customer, than to win back one.

They are forgetting that customers can play this game of switching back and forth to where ever they get a better deal.

So, let the games begin! 

Guess it's time to say goodbye to ATT U-Verse, and Hello to Xfinity!

I’m paying 77.43 just for Internet, and  basic, basic, basic channels. While for 99.00 Xfinity is offering Internet, Phone, and TV with a whole bunch of channels, plus HBO free for 6 months.

So makes no sense to stay with ATT. Specially when they don’t value existing customers.

They are forgetting that its less expensive to retain a customer, than to win back one.

They are forgetting that customers can play this game of switching back and forth to where ever they get a better deal.

So, let the games begin! 

Does ATT Value existing customers?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 12:23:07 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Jul 27, 2013 at 12:23:58 PM

All TV providers offer promotional rates to attract new customers.  Once the promotional rates expire, the regular rates kick in.  This is the nature of the industry.  When is comes to promotional rates, Xfinity, as you will discover, operates the same way as AT&T.  When your 99.00 promotional rates expires, your price will increase.

Yes, I know several people who change TV providers every 1 - 2 years chasing new customer promotional rates. Nothing new about that.

All TV providers offer promotional rates to attract new customers.  Once the promotional rates expire, the regular rates kick in.  This is the nature of the industry.  When is comes to promotional rates, Xfinity, as you will discover, operates the same way as AT&T.  When your 99.00 promotional rates expires, your price will increase.

Yes, I know several people who change TV providers every 1 - 2 years chasing new customer promotional rates. Nothing new about that.

Re: Does ATT Value existing customers?

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 4:39:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

You did get your discount from ATT. Once it is over you pay normal price. Funny how some forget that. Comcast is the pits. Good luck with them.

You did get your discount from ATT. Once it is over you pay normal price. Funny how some forget that. Comcast is the pits. Good luck with them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (850 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 7:55:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

THinking of this as well. ATT isn't willing to support existing services or customers. Why should we pay for the new people to sign up. Split the difference, no need to gouge me.

THinking of this as well. ATT isn't willing to support existing services or customers. Why should we pay for the new people to sign up. Split the difference, no need to gouge me.

4 of 6 (809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 8:45:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

eaandrews wrote:

If your allowing yourself to be gouged than you are the one at fault.  You don't have to pay full rate.  When you bought that new house or car, did you pay full price?  When your promo rate is up call 1-800-288-2020 and say "cancel my service."  You will be transferred to retentions.  Just say, "My rates are going up, and Comcast (or Dish, TWC and so on) has offered jme an incredible deal.  They will bend over backwards to make it work for you.  It may not be your same deal but it's silly to pay full price.  Next time you stay in a hotel or fly on a plane, just think that those in the next room or the next seat probably paid a different rate than you did.

eaandrews wrote:

If your allowing yourself to be gouged than you are the one at fault.  You don't have to pay full rate.  When you bought that new house or car, did you pay full price?  When your promo rate is up call 1-800-288-2020 and say "cancel my service."  You will be transferred to retentions.  Just say, "My rates are going up, and Comcast (or Dish, TWC and so on) has offered jme an incredible deal.  They will bend over backwards to make it work for you.  It may not be your same deal but it's silly to pay full price.  Next time you stay in a hotel or fly on a plane, just think that those in the next room or the next seat probably paid a different rate than you did.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 8:59:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

Well put dhascall!

I have spoken with customer retention more than once and they have ALWAYS done what it takes to keep me.

Well put dhascall!

I have spoken with customer retention more than once and they have ALWAYS done what it takes to keep me.

6 of 6 (658 Views)