Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 27, 2014
6:15:38 PM
View profile
Do you really need to ship a new receiver?
This is not a question or comment, but a suggestion. I just got off the phone with technical support regarding an "X" and the number 1 on my screen after a series of manual reboot (receiver and modem). As expected, customer support noted the receiver needs to be replaced. It will ship today and I should have it by Monday. Why is there not an option to pick up a new receiver at a local AT&T store? Why do I have to wait with zero compensation? If you offered this option to your customers, this will most likely improve overall customer satisfaction ratings-at the very least! More importantly, if customer service is truly a priority for AT&T, you would never ask a customer to wait for the new receiver and then ask that they drop off the old receiver to UPS for return delivery. I can only imagine the dollar amount for shipping expenses AT&T accrues on an annual basis. Please note-this creates an major inconvenience for your customers on so many levels. I am sure you will reply with a canned corporate response, but I do believe this is a topic that deserves an answer.
This is not a question or comment, but a suggestion. I just got off the phone with technical support regarding an "X" and the number 1 on my screen after a series of manual reboot (receiver and modem). As expected, customer support noted the receiver needs to be replaced. It will ship today and I should have it by Monday. Why is there not an option to pick up a new receiver at a local AT&T store? Why do I have to wait with zero compensation? If you offered this option to your customers, this will most likely improve overall customer satisfaction ratings-at the very least! More importantly, if customer service is truly a priority for AT&T, you would never ask a customer to wait for the new receiver and then ask that they drop off the old receiver to UPS for return delivery. I can only imagine the dollar amount for shipping expenses AT&T accrues on an annual basis. Please note-this creates an major inconvenience for your customers on so many levels. I am sure you will reply with a canned corporate response, but I do believe this is a topic that deserves an answer.

Do you really need to ship a new receiver?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 6:25:45 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by julywashere on Mar 27, 2014 at 6:28:38 PM

Hello Miller,

AT&T Stores are generally for Wireless Services. AT&T Mobility and AT&T U-Verse are two separate and different divisions. While both belong to AT&T Inc, if you go into an AT&T Store and request help with your U-Verse, or DSL, service, you'll be directed to call a number. AT&T Stores only manage accounts, and troubleshoot handsets. 

Hello Miller,

AT&T Stores are generally for Wireless Services. AT&T Mobility and AT&T U-Verse are two separate and different divisions. While both belong to AT&T Inc, if you go into an AT&T Store and request help with your U-Verse, or DSL, service, you'll be directed to call a number. AT&T Stores only manage accounts, and troubleshoot handsets. 

Re: Do you really need to ship a new receiver?

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (180 Views)