Do not buy uverse

Do not buy uverse

Here is an honest advice: DO NOT BUY U-VERSE. Reasons: 1- The service does not work everywhere, which means even if they tell you they have it in your area, they still can't connect it to your home. 2- If you have DSL already and you want to upgrade (like in my case), you are at a risk of wasting your time and end up with losing your current service and end up with no  service at all. 3 - Read other customers' reviews who had it for few months and see how satisfied they are. Here is the issue, Comcast has better service (internet and TV) but their customer service is so bad and they charge you for every little thing. We need more competition, these 2 companies are creating a sort of monopoly.....

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: Do not buy uverse

I really hate generalized observations or statements (ie: All men are scum). 

As someone who has had Uverse for over 7 years, I would have to disagree with your blanket statement.  With over 10 million subscribers, someone's got to be happy.

It's a little like marriage or having kids...if you have a positive experience, you tell everyone it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  If one has a negative experience, one tends to advise against it.

That being said, if you have specific issues that you would like help with, you can contact Customer care at https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Scholar

I have had uverse over 5 years and am very happy with the service.  During those 5 years the service may have been down 2 times and both times were under an hour.  I have 24mb internet and it always runs at 25mb so I am getting more then I pay for.  Also I do not take advise from a stranger on a message board.  I am sorry you are not happy with the service but that does not mean everybody is going to be unhappy with the service.  You have to try it and decide for yourself.

Message 3 of 7

You are going to find yourself in a very small minority.  I've had UVerse since 2009 in 3 different locations and with the exception of 1) builders cutting my cable when they were installing a sprinkler system next door and 2) last month the card in the VRAD going bad, my service has been rock steady. I run wireless with the 12Mb speed and I'm constantly getting between 11.5 and 12.5 down and 1.4 - 2.2 up.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 7

Ok, even thought I am a 100% sure the posts below are from ATT employees, here is what I found out about the issue.

1- When the technician came to set the U-Verse, he lied about what the issue was in order to cover his failure and lack of skills needed to do his job.

2- When we isolated the issue (after 4 days of exhausting phone calls and no service at home), we found out that some one sabotaged the phone cable at the main box where the 1st technician was doing his work.

Now you tell me what kind of coincidence is this.........

I will give U-Verse a 2nd chance. I have many of my friends who have it and 99% of them said it was bad. I also have others who have Comcast but they only complain about the customer service, they are happy with the service (Phone, Internet and cable).  

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Master

whatashame0123 wrote:

Ok, even thought I am a 100% sure the posts below are from ATT employees, here is what I found out about the issue.

1- When the technician came to set the U-Verse, he lied about what the issue was in order to cover his failure and lack of skills needed to do his job.

2- When we isolated the issue (after 4 days of exhausting phone calls and no service at home), we found out that some one sabotaged the phone cable at the main box where the 1st technician was doing his work.

Now you tell me what kind of coincidence is this.........

I will give U-Verse a 2nd chance. I have many of my friends who have it and 99% of them said it was bad. I also have others who have Comcast but they only complain about the customer service, they are happy with the service (Phone, Internet and cable).  

I am not an ATT employee but I am ACE OF THE MONTH -  WOOOT...WOOOOOTTTT!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Anywho....It's a shame that you've had such a negative experience and I admire you for giving it another shot. 

I had cable (Comcast & TWC) prior to UVerse and had multiple problems with that service.  Everyone's experience is different.  *shrug*

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Employee

Att employees will have a disclaimer ( see mine below), those who are employees (paid to be here) will be in blue and have the globe. http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-Community-Suggestions/Community-Ranks-bold-no-badge-grey/td-p/39101...

Those such as myself, lily bug, and others work in different departments and volunteer our time here during off duty (non working hours). As I am a Premise Tech (PT) that works late shift, Thursday to Mondays with Tuesday, Wednesday off many of my posts are early mornings or later at night.

Does U-verse have distance limitations, yes.
Does U-verse as a growing expanding division have a wide variety of skilled personal,yes.
Does inexperience sometimes affect the ability to do an install or repair, yes.
We all (PTs) start with 2 months of training, and then dispatch, the next 3-6 months is OJT, after 9 months employment will have seen 90% of issues and listed as a senior tech.

With almost 2.5 years doing this job, just recently did my first static IP job,had to smart chat and be walked thru the steps, not part of training in 2011. I understand new techs do receive training on static IPs.

In your case, sounds as if inexperience possibly played a role. But glad to hear moving forward.

I have had the pleasure in working with many customers who have had service since 2007/2008, and are very pleased with U-verse. Many of my dealings are on equipment issues after 5 plus years, remotes, DVDs, customers moving to wireless receivers, some wiring problems as requirements have changed since originalinstall both at NID, and inside (less coax more cat), and moving the RG (original by hardwired PC, now moving to more central part of home for better wifi strength.

Best to you, and hope to see future postings.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support