Do I need a computer for Uverse internet installation?

Contributor

Do I need a computer for Uverse internet installation?

I have installation scheduled for Uverse TV and internet on Tuesday. Just curious. Do I need and actual laptop or desktop for installation? My laptop crashed a few weeks ago and I haven't had a desktop in years. I've actually been very content with my tablet. But.. Will this work for setup. I remember not needing a physical connection for my Comcast install but is Uverse the same?
Message 1 of 4 (2,075 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Do I need a computer for Uverse internet installation?

consumpshun - No, you should not need a computer. The techs have one. But, they do not have a TV to verify STBs. Also, your tablet connects wireless to verify you can get to the internet??
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (2,073 Views)
Contributor

Thank you for the fast reply. I have a TV so that's not an issue and my tablet is WiFi. So I should be set to go?
Message 3 of 4 (2,072 Views)
ACE - Expert

You'll need some device with an Internet browser to be able to set up your High Speed Internet login, your WiFi connected tablet should work for that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (2,027 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.