Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 10, 2013
11:41:47 AM
View profile
Do I need a computer for Uverse internet installation?
I have installation scheduled for Uverse TV and internet on Tuesday. Just curious. Do I need and actual laptop or desktop for installation? My laptop crashed a few weeks ago and I haven't had a desktop in years. I've actually been very content with my tablet. But.. Will this work for setup. I remember not needing a physical connection for my Comcast install but is Uverse the same?
I have installation scheduled for Uverse TV and internet on Tuesday. Just curious. Do I need and actual laptop or desktop for installation? My laptop crashed a few weeks ago and I haven't had a desktop in years. I've actually been very content with my tablet. But.. Will this work for setup. I remember not needing a physical connection for my Comcast install but is Uverse the same?

Do I need a computer for Uverse internet installation?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 11:47:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
consumpshun - No, you should not need a computer. The techs have one. But, they do not have a TV to verify STBs. Also, your tablet connects wireless to verify you can get to the internet??
consumpshun - No, you should not need a computer. The techs have one. But, they do not have a TV to verify STBs. Also, your tablet connects wireless to verify you can get to the internet??
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Do I need a computer for Uverse internet installation?

2 of 4 (1,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 11:53:07 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you for the fast reply. I have a TV so that's not an issue and my tablet is WiFi. So I should be set to go?
Thank you for the fast reply. I have a TV so that's not an issue and my tablet is WiFi. So I should be set to go?

3 of 4 (1,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 5:27:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You'll need some device with an Internet browser to be able to set up your High Speed Internet login, your WiFi connected tablet should work for that.

You'll need some device with an Internet browser to be able to set up your High Speed Internet login, your WiFi connected tablet should work for that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,753 Views)