Helpful Links

Dissatisfied with AT&T for the last time

Contributor

Dissatisfied with AT&T for the last time

AT&T is simply a horrible company when it comes to customer service. I've been a 20-year customer and wanted to transfer my service this weekend to the new home I purchased.

The rep told me that I must be charged for my new modem and must pay a security downpayment. Security downpayment!!!!! I just purchased a home, credit is great. Even the representative said I should not have to pay to remain a customer, so I won't. When I cancelled my wifi and land line service, nothing was done to keep my business. I called another local provider and signed up, no fees, no security downpayments. They wanted my business. Once my wireless contract is up with AT&T, I will avoid this company at all costs.

Simply awful treatment.

Message 1 of 5
Former Employee

Re: Dissatisfied with AT&T for the last time

Hello, toddduncan!

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experience when you called in to transfer your service. We value your business, so if there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to let us know by sending us a private message here.

If you send us a message, please be sure to include your name and contact information so that our reps can get in touch with you.

Once again, I apologize for the frustration. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Message 2 of 5
Employee

Not exactly sure why you would have had to pay any kind of advanced payment if all you were doing was transferring service from one address to the other. All that should have been done is pull up your existing account information, put in the new address to make sure that it's a serviceable address (which by the sounds of it, it was), verify current services and make changes if requested then set up the installation date at new address as well as the disconnect at the old address. With having to get new equipment, it sounds like you were moving into an area that is set up differently and the current equipment that you have may not have been compatible, which does happen. Certainly sorry about the experience you had.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Expert

Unfortunately there are CSRs with varying degrees of experience and/or are willing to cooperate.  What I do if I get a CSR who is less experienced or uncooprerative I politely end the call and call back until I get one who is experienced or cooperative.  Then I get my issue resolved or my request granted.  This may be unacceptable to some people, but it has gotten all of my issues resolved and gotten me some unexpected benefits.  When it comes to CSRs in ANY company YRMV.

Message 4 of 5
Employee

Unfortunately this is true. I know I do everything I can when a customer calls in to make sure everything goes as smoothly as I can. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support