Disney Jr. coming to U-verse, FiOS and Comcast.

Disney Jr. coming to U-verse, FiOS and Comcast.

According to AVS Forum, AT&T U-verse, Comcast and Verizon FiOS will be adding Disney Jr. in HD to the channel lineups.  Didn't say when.  The update was posted on May 26.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1058081

I know it's not something that will make most of us jump for joy, it's just an FYI.

Message 1 of 24 (6,461 Views)

Re: Disney Jr. coming to U-verse, FiOS and Comcast.

For those of us with small children this is a good thing.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 24 (6,428 Views)
Mentor

I have been checking on At&t's Facebook page and as of yesteday people were posting about Disney Jr and the At&t rep claims they have no plans to add the channel anythime soon.

Message 3 of 24 (6,256 Views)

heather9274 wrote:

I have been checking on At&t's Facebook page and as of yesteday people were posting about Disney Jr and the At&t rep claims they have no plans to add the channel anythime soon.

I brought it to AVS' attention.

Message 4 of 24 (6,237 Views)

The AVS moderator did mention in an earlier post on the site he might be wrong about Disney Jr.  Sorry guys, guess Disney Jr.'s not coming to U-verse after all.

Message 5 of 24 (6,207 Views)

heather9274 wrote:

Most of the people that respond on Facebook really don't have a clue about what programming is coming or leaving.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 24 (6,157 Views)
Scholar

The people responding are AT&T social media managers.

Message 7 of 24 (6,153 Views)

Ish Kabibble wrote:

The people responding are AT&T social media managers.

Ok, again, social media is nothing more than facebook and twitter and these forums.  They really have no idea or are not allowed to say when a particular channel is going to be added or dropped.

Message 8 of 24 (6,114 Views)

on't wake me up until the Judgment Day or when ATT Actually add some HD channels that members are requesting like BBC America HD. Until then I am going back to bed.

Message 9 of 24 (6,102 Views)
Guru

So with that in mind, let me ask the more knowledgeable members this:  How many more SD channels that are on AT&T are available in HD, but NOT carried in HD?  I guess I'm too lazy to research it my self, but several people post about HD versions of channels they wish to have, and I was wondering how many more there are.

Message 10 of 24 (6,076 Views)

siouxmoux wrote:

on't wake me up until the Judgment Day or when ATT Actually add some HD channels that members are requesting like BBC America HD. Until then I am going back to bed.

For those with kids, this is a big deal. probably more request for Disney Jr than there are for BBC America in HD.

Message 11 of 24 (6,058 Views)
Contributor

DISNEY JUNIOR PLEASE!!!!!

All we want is Disney Jr....will that ever be available??  Or do we have it and I just don't see it?!?  Please bring Disney Jr to UVerse!

Message 12 of 24 (6,023 Views)
Contributor

Re: DISNEY JUNIOR PLEASE!!!!!

I AGREE...WE WANT DISNEY JR!!!!!  I AM SERIOUSLY CONTEMPLATING SWITCHING TO ANOTHER CARRIER THAT OFFERS THIS CHANNEL...PRESCHOOL LISTINGS ARE SO FEW I CAN'T AFFORD TO MISS OUT ON THIS CHANNEL

Message 13 of 24 (6,009 Views)
Scholar

Re: DISNEY JUNIOR PLEASE!!!!!

People requesting the channel on Facebook are being told this:

"While we are constantly evaluating our lineup to make sure we're providing the best to customers (including family-friendly channels), right now we plan to continue offering SoapNet on channels 365 and 366 though the end of the year."

Message 14 of 24 (5,957 Views)
Contributor

I just signed up for Uverse but I think I'm going to call and cencel.  My kids are 21 months old and watch about 30-45 minutes of Mickey Mouse a day while I make their meals so without DisneyJr I'll pull my hair out....and I really really HATE Comcast too but I gotta do what's best for my sanity and my kids' nutritional needs, lol. 

Message 15 of 24 (3,525 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.