Disney Jr. coming to U-verse, FiOS and Comcast.

Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Disney Jr. coming to U-verse, FiOS and Comcast.

carrielmo wrote:

I just signed up for Uverse but I think I'm going to call and cencel.  My kids are 21 months old and watch about 30-45 minutes of Mickey Mouse a day while I make their meals so without DisneyJr I'll pull my hair out....and I really really HATE Comcast too but I gotta do what's best for my sanity and my kids' nutritional needs, lol. 

I am sorry that you plan  to drop U-Verse, but you should have checked the channel lineup before you signed up. I hope you are not under contract with U-Verse.

Disney Jr. may eventually make its appearance as part of the U-Verse lineup, and you will regret your decision to leave.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 24
Scholar

Agreed with dwinth: It is best to check the channel lineup prior to officially signing on with a cable-television provider. It seems there are plenty of people who don't bother themselves to do this. Reason would probably be because there are people who presume that all cable-television providers have exactly the same channel lineups. ("They're all the same.")

Message 17 of 24
Contributor

I too assumed...which we all know what it makes me out to be...fortunately temporary..I assumed that they had CBS on demand...that they had Hallmark...that they had Disney Junior...which we adore...and my kids are older...10,11...there is alot missing in their services...and they only way to know is to be a customer...the original pitch and looking at the line-ups is not enough to realize what you are missing...also there are so many additional charges for any service...if you want HD its 10.00 a month...if you want and additional tv to show even basic cable channels...without a receiver...they are not capable without a receiver which is an additional 7.00 per box..so I'm limited to one TV with cable coverage...let alone all that I have yet to discover....so I can assure you....At@t is not competitive and they do want you under contract...but guess what...if you are not satisfied...paying 2 months of cable bill to get out and get what you truly want...is worth it....also I have been approached by other providers...and they are willing to pickup the tab just to reinstate or even have your new business.....its not impossible...I for one have to much on my plate for now and will wait til I move then I can figure if I'm staying or going...I am not impressed.

Message 18 of 24

m_quinhartman wrote:

I too assumed...which we all know what it makes me out to be...fortunately temporary..I assumed that they had CBS on demand...that they had Hallmark...that they had Disney Junior...which we adore...and my kids are older...10,11...there is alot missing in their services...and they only way to know is to be a customer...the original pitch and looking at the line-ups is not enough to realize what you are missing...also there are so many additional charges for any service...if you want HD its 10.00 a month...if you want and additional tv to show even basic cable channels...without a receiver...they are not capable without a receiver which is an additional 7.00 per box..so I'm limited to one TV with cable coverage...let alone all that I have yet to discover....so I can assure you....At@t is not competitive and they do want you under contract...but guess what...if you are not satisfied...paying 2 months of cable bill to get out and get what you truly want...is worth it....also I have been approached by other providers...and they are willing to pickup the tab just to reinstate or even have your new business.....its not impossible...I for one have to much on my plate for now and will wait til I move then I can figure if I'm staying or going...I am not impressed.

Some areas have CBS On Demand, it depends on the whether or not the station is owned by CBS or local owned.  Hallmark has not been on UVerse since 2010 and Disney Jr is coming with the new contract that was just signed early this year just no time frame for when it will show up.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 19 of 24
ACE - Professor

m_quinhartman wrote:

It doesn't sound like you did any research on Uverse at all before signing up. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 24
Mentor

I just spoke with a rep online and they said Disney Junior will become available on 3/31/2013... and im assuming any other channels that were apart of that January agreement between uverse and disney will be as well.

Message 21 of 24

I'd take it with a grain of salt until they show up.  One way some of have learned about new channels is by going to TitanTV and using their guide.  They were the first to show the NBA Leage Pass as well as Fox Soccer + and the TWC channel for the Lakers games.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 22 of 24

mtavery24 wrote:

I just spoke with a rep online and they said Disney Junior will become available on 3/31/2013... and im assuming any other channels that were apart of that January agreement between uverse and disney will be as well.

Disney Jr. is now on as an HD channel on channel 1306.

Message 23 of 24
ACE - Professor

Unless I'm missing something, my 306 is blocked, which implies that 1306 has been active for a while.
Message 24 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support