Disconnects several times a day but only for about 30 seconds each time.

Contributor

Disconnects several times a day but only for about 30 seconds each time.

My Internet/TV disconnects about 5 - 10 times each day.  The duration is short, but it's just long enough to cause me to be logged off my work VPN, games, or to interrupt the TV.  I see the light go red on the U-verse gateway but after a short time it starts flashing green and then the connection comes back. I have tried unplugging it, but the random disconnects continue.  This problem started few months ago but the disconnects have become more and more frequent.

Message 1 of 11 (890 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Disconnects several times a day but only for about 30 seconds each time.

I would suspect that you have line sync issues.  Once the error rate becomes to much for the router to handle it resets.  Stand by and one of the community managers can remotely test your equipment and put a plan of action into effect to resolve your issue.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (888 Views)
Employee

Hello dano111, I'm sorry about the service interruption you are experiencing. I can help you investigate what causes your service to disconnect randomly and provide you some options to resolve this. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 11 (888 Views)
Contributor

I've been having the same problem lately with the u-verse television going black, and several times a day.  I've reset the modem and receiver several time to reboot but this is still happening.  Has anyone out there found a way to resolve this problem?  Adding this, I have had the receiver and modem replaced a few weeks ago for the same reason.

RobM

Message 4 of 11 (879 Views)
ACE - Expert

RobMitch - There are actually two kinds of black screen problems. Reading your post reminds me of the one a few months ago that just went away with no explanation. When you get black screen it sometimes could be restored by changing channel or repowering the STB.

The second case is an HDMI problem. When I read this earlier post, I was thinking HDMI. - http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers-Battery-Backup/Cisco-ISB-7500-DVR-problems/m-p/3613883#M57841
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 11 (868 Views)
Contributor

this has been happening to me in the last couple of months and seemingly more frequently lately. 

Message 6 of 11 (406 Views)
Voyager

I've had this service for less than a week and get the same thing.

Today alone, in the past 7 hours, it has disconnected 19 times.

I'm not too pleased about this service.

Message 7 of 11 (352 Views)
Contributor

Same problem but won't reconnect unless I reset modem. Tech came out and replaced modem, I am still having the problem. Tech visit did not help. What is my next step?

Message 8 of 11 (325 Views)
ACE - Expert

To all:

If you happen to have a 510/589 Arris/Moto RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui. http://192.168.1.254/

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 9 of 11 (300 Views)
Voyager

IPv6 is already off.

Message 10 of 11 (277 Views)
Contributor

My IPv6 was not disabled.  I have disabled it now.  I'll try to check back in and let you know if that helped.  No disconnects for a few hours so far!

Message 11 of 11 (242 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.