Disconnection Issue!

Tutor

Disconnection Issue!

I am having disconnection problem since past 2 to 3 weeks, the modem will disconnect from internet then reconnect back, but after a short while it disconnect again.

Sometimes it works okay but other times it disconnect when I really need the internet. My modem is on 24 hours.

Sometimes my modem ethernet light blink in red and sometimes it blink in green then reconnects.

It's all happening and it seems like somebody just unplugged phone line then replugged. Only reason I am contacting late is I thought it could be temporary and ATT might be doing maintenance. But its happening regular basis since past 2, 3 weeks. Please help and fix the issue. 

Message 1 of 10 (581 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Disconnection Issue!

Okay, I have some questions for you:

1) What brand/model of modem do you have?

2) Did anything change before this happened?  Added or disconnected new phone, answering machine, CallerID device.

3) Have you installed any new appliances, etc?

4) Do you know how your modem is connected?  Coax?  Existing phone cabling?  dedicated cable run from the NID?

5) Do you have POTS or U-verse Voice?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (548 Views)
Tutor

1 3600 modem
2 no
3 no
4 it is uverse internet connected to phone line and i dont have a home phone service. I dont know what NID is.
5 and neither i know what POTS is, and i dont have uverse voice.
Message 3 of 10 (528 Views)
Employee

VDSL circuit, download uvrealtime and post screen shots.... http://www.uvrealtime.com/

List of possible issues included: n this thread
http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Frequent-loss-of-service/m-p/3538609#M11263
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10 (520 Views)
Tutor

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2901260073

Now, disconnection issue and my speed has been reduced to 1mb. I acutally have 6mb internet service. it just happened today.

And I am downloading the file which is posted here. it's taking forever. I will post the screen shot.

Message 5 of 10 (433 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Internet speed reduced much less. I just took another test and come out with this.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2901277243

Message 6 of 10 (430 Views)
Tutor

Message 7 of 10 (426 Views)
ACE - Expert

Would you post a screenshot of your bitloading tab?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 10 (411 Views)
Tutor

Okay here it is.

Message 9 of 10 (405 Views)
ACE - Expert

That comb-like pattern across the top of your bitloading chart should not be happening.  You will likely require assistance from AT&T Technical Support to resolve this issue.

Please call AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020, and tell them the symptoms you've been experiencing.  They should run a test on your line and be able to see your error counts and dispatch a Premise Tech.  Depending on where you live, it is likely the Premise Tech will have to summon a "line guy" to look at the line.  It could also be a hardware failure in your RG or in the VRAD itself.

Message 10 of 10 (376 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.