Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 29, 2014
2:40:56 PM
View profile
Directv airs Comedy Central The Daily Show LIVE at 7:30PM. Why can't U-verse do the same?

Directv airs Comedy Central The Daily Show LIVE at 7:30PM. Why can't U-verse do the same?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 1:32:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

I do not believe The Daily Show is ever aired live anywhere. It's taped at around 5:30-6:00PM Eastern.

Comedy Central has a replay of the previous night's episode at 7:30PM Eastern. 

I do not believe The Daily Show is ever aired live anywhere. It's taped at around 5:30-6:00PM Eastern.

Comedy Central has a replay of the previous night's episode at 7:30PM Eastern. 

Re: Directv airs Comedy Central The Daily Show LIVE at 7:30PM. Why can't U-verse do the same?

2 of 10 (429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 6:40:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Even if the show was shown live at 7:30 PM, that is up to Comedy Central, not U-Verse or Direct TV. Comedy Central does the scheduling. U-Verse shows what Comedy Central transmits.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Even if the show was shown live at 7:30 PM, that is up to Comedy Central, not U-Verse or Direct TV. Comedy Central does the scheduling. U-Verse shows what Comedy Central transmits.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Directv airs Comedy Central The Daily Show LIVE at 7:30PM. Why can't U-verse do the same?

3 of 10 (399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 6:51:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Citation?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Citation?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 6:59:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

LOL at this postSmiley LOL

LOL at this postSmiley LOL

5 of 10 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 7:17:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

americangame wrote:

Citation?

Won the Triple Crown in horseracing in 1948.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citation_%28horse%29

americangame wrote:

Citation?

Won the Triple Crown in horseracing in 1948.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citation_%28horse%29

6 of 10 (387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 7:29:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What time zone are you in?

Looking at the Comedy Central schedule, at 7:30 pm Eastern, they air the Daily Show from the previous evening.

New episodes air at 11 pm eastern. 

What time zone are you in?

Looking at the Comedy Central schedule, at 7:30 pm Eastern, they air the Daily Show from the previous evening.

New episodes air at 11 pm eastern. 

7 of 10 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 8:13:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

A little humor to brighten the day. Thanks.

A little humor to brighten the day. Thanks.

8 of 10 (362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 8:15:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

From Wikipedia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Show

Production

The show's writers begin each day with a morning meeting where they review material that researchers have gathered from major newspapers, the Associated Press, cable news television channels and websites, and discuss headline material for the lead news segment. Throughout the morning they work on writing deadline pieces inspired by recent news, as well as longer-term projects. By lunchtime, Stewart—who describes his role as that of a managing editor[34]—has begun to review headline jokes. The script is submitted by 3 pm, and at 4:15 there is a rehearsal. An hour is left for rewrites before a 6 pm taping in front of a live studio audience.[6][22] While the studio capacity is limited, tickets to attend tapings are free and can be obtained if requested far enough in advance.[35]

The Daily Show typically tapes four new episodes a week, Monday through Thursday, forty-two weeks a year.[36] The show is broadcast at 11 PM Eastern/10 PM Central, a time when local television stations show their news reports and about half an hour before most other late-night comedy programs begin to go on the air. The program is rerun several times the next day, including a 7:30 PM Eastern/6:30 PM Central prime time broadcast.

To the original poster: notice that all references are to taped programming, none of it live. The only time the word "live" is mentioned is in reference to the fact that the show is taped in front of a live audience.

The article indicates, as previous posters have, that the show is rerun at 7:30 PM Eastern Time.

From Wikipedia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Show

Production

The show's writers begin each day with a morning meeting where they review material that researchers have gathered from major newspapers, the Associated Press, cable news television channels and websites, and discuss headline material for the lead news segment. Throughout the morning they work on writing deadline pieces inspired by recent news, as well as longer-term projects. By lunchtime, Stewart—who describes his role as that of a managing editor[34]—has begun to review headline jokes. The script is submitted by 3 pm, and at 4:15 there is a rehearsal. An hour is left for rewrites before a 6 pm taping in front of a live studio audience.[6][22] While the studio capacity is limited, tickets to attend tapings are free and can be obtained if requested far enough in advance.[35]

The Daily Show typically tapes four new episodes a week, Monday through Thursday, forty-two weeks a year.[36] The show is broadcast at 11 PM Eastern/10 PM Central, a time when local television stations show their news reports and about half an hour before most other late-night comedy programs begin to go on the air. The program is rerun several times the next day, including a 7:30 PM Eastern/6:30 PM Central prime time broadcast.

To the original poster: notice that all references are to taped programming, none of it live. The only time the word "live" is mentioned is in reference to the fact that the show is taped in front of a live audience.

The article indicates, as previous posters have, that the show is rerun at 7:30 PM Eastern Time.

9 of 10 (361 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 11:18:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

All of this fun and frivolity, courtesy of a one post wonder.  Wonder of wonders, lol.

All of this fun and frivolity, courtesy of a one post wonder.  Wonder of wonders, lol.

10 of 10 (334 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments