Ask a question

Posted Apr 1, 2014
    3:35:26 PM
    Directv Cinema Connection Kit and NVG510

So I would like to know why/how these 2 devices are used together.  I had Directv installed the day I moved into my home and I have Uverse Internet.  Ever since the beginning I have had nothing but problems with my internet.  It drops out every 4-5 days (after lowering internet speed and many other changes to get to this point).  I have spent 3 months working with Prem techs and Line techs (Joe Texeira has been very helpful).  No one has ever answered my question of whether having 2 routers/modems in the same location could be causing a problem.  I have had 3 RG's, 2 splitters, multiple line splices replaced, equipment changed in central office twice and 220' of new phone line replaced underground in my neighbor's backyards.  After much frustration, I disconnected my Directv from the internet.  Ever since then, I have not lost my internet.  My Directv service requires a connection to the internet.  Is there a department somewhere that can explain how to make these to devices work together??  Does it have to be hard wired to be able to work??  I wouldn't think so since it was set up by Directv and they are bundled with Uverse.  

Directv Cinema Connection Kit and NVG510

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 1, 2014 3:52:33 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    wmdarling - sounds like you have identified the problem. There is a similar situation with U-verse TV and internet. If you mix TV and internet on the same cat5 cable back to the RG (using a router or switch) the TV signal floods the switch.
    Best to keep the two types of signals separate on connections back to the RG. I believe a gigabit switch may not flood when connected on a combined leg.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Directv Cinema Connection Kit and NVG510

2 of 3 (237 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 7, 2014 7:06:17 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    This actually didn't solve my problem. I have had my internet go down twice in the past 2 days. Still no answers from AT&T. Looks like they are just chasing their tails on this one.

Re: Directv Cinema Connection Kit and NVG510

3 of 3 (199 Views)