Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Mar 14, 2014
8:29:17 AM
View profile
Director commentary on Law & Order SVU

Just watched my recorded Law & Order SVU from March 12.  All the way through I got the annoying director commentary.  If I look in the audio settings I don't have close caption turned on.  How do I get rid of this.  Seems to be only this program.  I live in Orange County CA if that helps narrow the issue.

Just watched my recorded Law & Order SVU from March 12.  All the way through I got the annoying director commentary.  If I look in the audio settings I don't have close caption turned on.  How do I get rid of this.  Seems to be only this program.  I live in Orange County CA if that helps narrow the issue.

Director commentary on Law & Order SVU

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 3:15:02 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @lwoxen_1,

Sorry about the inconveniences. Hopefully, it's a simple fix. One thing to check is to make sure you do not have closed caption turned on your TV or the U-verse receiver. If it is still there, the broadcaster or the DVR may have recorded with the captions hard encoded into the episode.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @lwoxen_1,

Sorry about the inconveniences. Hopefully, it's a simple fix. One thing to check is to make sure you do not have closed caption turned on your TV or the U-verse receiver. If it is still there, the broadcaster or the DVR may have recorded with the captions hard encoded into the episode.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Director commentary on Law & Order SVU

2 of 5 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 4:13:12 PM
(0)
Teacher

As I mentioned in my post I do NOT have closed caption turned on.  Only happened on this one show recorded that night.  Just want to find a way to not have it happen repeatedly.

Thanks!

As I mentioned in my post I do NOT have closed caption turned on.  Only happened on this one show recorded that night.  Just want to find a way to not have it happen repeatedly.

Thanks!

3 of 5 (513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 6:36:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

DavidCS wrote:

Hi @lwoxen_1,

-David T

Hey David!  You may want to alert your folks out in the SoCal area of a possible issue with KNBC, or maybe the VHO.  This show and Grimm were reported as having the director commentary and/or sight impared audio as being enabled.  Not sure if the station pushed that out as trhe main audio or maybe the VHO processed the wrong audio stream?  But  I would suggest your area folks to contact KNBC, if it's not a VHO issue.

DavidCS wrote:

Hi @lwoxen_1,

-David T

Hey David!  You may want to alert your folks out in the SoCal area of a possible issue with KNBC, or maybe the VHO.  This show and Grimm were reported as having the director commentary and/or sight impared audio as being enabled.  Not sure if the station pushed that out as trhe main audio or maybe the VHO processed the wrong audio stream?  But  I would suggest your area folks to contact KNBC, if it's not a VHO issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 11:50:00 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you for pointing this out @dhascall. We do not have a previous recording of those shows, but we will definitely be looking for future shows. If anyone runs into any further issues, please let us know, and we will be sure to work with the appropriate people to correct this.

-David T

Thank you for pointing this out @dhascall. We do not have a previous recording of those shows, but we will definitely be looking for future shows. If anyone runs into any further issues, please let us know, and we will be sure to work with the appropriate people to correct this.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (487 Views)