Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 10, 2013
7:01:00 AM
View profile
Dept to tell me when 55 meg profile will be available in my area?

I've had 3 months of very spoty uverse service but I think after 2 seperate visits from extremelly diligent lineman (officially called INR) who removed various bridge taps and brittle sections I've got a clean and  stable line to my house from the VRAD.  I asked the INR about pair boding and he said that from his perspective he could find a second pair and condition it for a pair bonding install.  Because of my persistent problems I've been in contact with Tier II support and they checked and said that the "circuit" I am on does not currently support the 55 meg profile.

Is there a department in AT&T that could tell me if and when the circuit might be upgraded?  I've been with Uverse for 4 years and like the service (other than the last 3 months) but would like to know what the future holds.  Houston Zip Code is 77027 (between Galleria and Highland Village)

I've had 3 months of very spoty uverse service but I think after 2 seperate visits from extremelly diligent lineman (officially called INR) who removed various bridge taps and brittle sections I've got a clean and  stable line to my house from the VRAD.  I asked the INR about pair boding and he said that from his perspective he could find a second pair and condition it for a pair bonding install.  Because of my persistent problems I've been in contact with Tier II support and they checked and said that the "circuit" I am on does not currently support the 55 meg profile.

Is there a department in AT&T that could tell me if and when the circuit might be upgraded?  I've been with Uverse for 4 years and like the service (other than the last 3 months) but would like to know what the future holds.  Houston Zip Code is 77027 (between Galleria and Highland Village)

Dept to tell me when 55 meg profile will be available in my area?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2013 3:27:57 PM
(0)
Employee
Which RG, and do you know your distance, how about current Max internet available at your address.

When the 55M is available, currently must be VDSL circuit, on 32M profile, less than 2200 feet, SN margin 12 or above, single family dwelling.

If have the 510 RG, ADSL2+ circuit, will be rolling out soon, may already be in some areas.

The 55M profile uses the leased 589 RG.
If currently have the purchased 3600 or 5031,or leased 3800, 3801 may qualify
Recommend installing. http://www.uvrealtime.com/ to determine distance and SN margin.
Please post screen shots can offer more suggestions.
Which RG, and do you know your distance, how about current Max internet available at your address.

When the 55M is available, currently must be VDSL circuit, on 32M profile, less than 2200 feet, SN margin 12 or above, single family dwelling.

If have the 510 RG, ADSL2+ circuit, will be rolling out soon, may already be in some areas.

The 55M profile uses the leased 589 RG.
If currently have the purchased 3600 or 5031,or leased 3800, 3801 may qualify
Recommend installing. http://www.uvrealtime.com/ to determine distance and SN margin.
Please post screen shots can offer more suggestions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Dept to tell me when 55 meg profile will be available in my area?

2 of 10 (680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 6:53:52 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello houston01,

I can help you further research your address to find out the details Employee mentioned above and determine if this 55 Mbps profile will be available. I have sent you a private message to gather more information and continue assisting you.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello houston01,

I can help you further research your address to find out the details Employee mentioned above and determine if this 55 Mbps profile will be available. I have sent you a private message to gather more information and continue assisting you.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 10 (657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 4:51:23 AM
(0)
Scholar

Only have Windows 8 at home so I can't get uverserealtime to run.

Single Family Home, been told I'm approx 2500 ft from VRAD, cat 6 from outside the house to wiring closet that holds the 3801 gateway, stats from 3801 gateway webpage are below:

Only have Windows 8 at home so I can't get uverserealtime to run.

Single Family Home, been told I'm approx 2500 ft from VRAD, cat 6 from outside the house to wiring closet that holds the 3801 gateway, stats from 3801 gateway webpage are below:

4 of 10 (614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 6:50:30 AM
(0)
Expert
To run UVRealtime on Windows 8, install the latest version of WinPCap first:

http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm

To run UVRealtime on Windows 8, install the latest version of WinPCap first:

http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm

5 of 10 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 8:49:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

got uverserealtime working on windows 8.1, thx somejoe

est distance from VRAD used to be 2500 ft, UV Realtime shows 2100 ft now,  lineman worked on line and he said it took out some slack...not sure how accurate 2100 ft is.

got uverserealtime working on windows 8.1, thx somejoe

est distance from VRAD used to be 2500 ft, UV Realtime shows 2100 ft now,  lineman worked on line and he said it took out some slack...not sure how accurate 2100 ft is.

6 of 10 (592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 6:53:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

received the following response from SadathCS:

"After reviewing your account and researching your address, I was able to confirm 55 Mbps is not available. You are currently installed on a single pair network using a 25 Mbps profile and 2,650 ft from our main cabinet. To be able to qualify you, the distance must not exceed 2,200ft and already be on a 32 Mbps profile."

My question to SadathCS is according the posted stats in the thread my single line might currently support a 32 meg profile and my distance might be closer to 2,100 ft not 2,650.

I know from talking to the lineman that he did take out "extra" wire when he conditioned the line.  My question is it possible that uverserealtime is closer to correct at 2,100 ft not 2,650 ft? 

received the following response from SadathCS:

"After reviewing your account and researching your address, I was able to confirm 55 Mbps is not available. You are currently installed on a single pair network using a 25 Mbps profile and 2,650 ft from our main cabinet. To be able to qualify you, the distance must not exceed 2,200ft and already be on a 32 Mbps profile."

My question to SadathCS is according the posted stats in the thread my single line might currently support a 32 meg profile and my distance might be closer to 2,100 ft not 2,650.

I know from talking to the lineman that he did take out "extra" wire when he conditioned the line.  My question is it possible that uverserealtime is closer to correct at 2,100 ft not 2,650 ft? 

7 of 10 (559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 7:09:35 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by my thoughts on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:16:57 PM

Houston01, different thickness of wiring used would yield different results.
The main point is you first have to be on a 32M profile, not the 25M to qualify for 55M bonded.

The lineman probably did not shorten your physical by 400 feet, (1.3 x length of football field) but removed bridge tap (extra wiring going to an additional location) either before you or after you.

suspect working from blueprints on how lines were (are) ran through neigherhood.

best to be patient and wait for 17 to be released increasing your chances.

Houston01, different thickness of wiring used would yield different results.
The main point is you first have to be on a 32M profile, not the 25M to qualify for 55M bonded.

The lineman probably did not shorten your physical by 400 feet, (1.3 x length of football field) but removed bridge tap (extra wiring going to an additional location) either before you or after you.

suspect working from blueprints on how lines were (are) ran through neigherhood.

best to be patient and wait for 17 to be released increasing your chances.

[ Edited ]
8 of 10 (553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 8:22:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

comment from above...

"suspect working from blueprints on how lines were (are) ran through neigherhood.

best to be patient and wait for 17 to be released increasing your chances."

what is 17?

comment from above...

"suspect working from blueprints on how lines were (are) ran through neigherhood.

best to be patient and wait for 17 to be released increasing your chances."

what is 17?

9 of 10 (530 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 9:07:46 AM
(0)
Expert
He is talking about the 17a VDSL profile. This is a newer method for sending VDSL data down the line that can use frequencies up to 17 MHz instead of the current profile, 8d, which can only use frequencies up to 8 MHz. It is hoped that this will increase the data rates for people on single lines, and enable higher line profiles and internet speeds without having to resort to pair bonding.
He is talking about the 17a VDSL profile. This is a newer method for sending VDSL data down the line that can use frequencies up to 17 MHz instead of the current profile, 8d, which can only use frequencies up to 8 MHz. It is hoped that this will increase the data rates for people on single lines, and enable higher line profiles and internet speeds without having to resort to pair bonding.

10 of 10 (525 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments