Denon 3808 not working with UVerse Box - Help

Tutor

Denon 3808 not working with UVerse Box - Help

I have my HDMI's from the wireless UVerse box connected to my Denon 3808 to run my surround sound and then the video out HDMI running to my Samsung.  I have multiple other devices running through the HDMI out Apple TV and a DVD but I get nothing when I connect the UVerse this way.  I know the signal starts to process b/c I get the three start up dots for a period of time....20 seconds or so and then nothing.   Just goes to the default black screen.  Can somebody tell me what is going on or soem type of workaround?  Thanks.

Samsung 46 inch LED

Denon AVR-3808 CI

ISB7005 Wireless Uverse Box

Message 1 of 11 (664 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Denon 3808 not working with UVerse Box - Help

If you plug the HDMI from the U-verse receiver directly to the TV what happens?  Have you tried switching HDMI cables from the U-verse receiver to the Denon?  Just trying to trouble shoot to see if it's the receiver, cabling, or both.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (662 Views)
Tutor

sorry, yes it works perfectly fine when connected directly to my TV.  I have switched out multiples cables as well. 

Message 3 of 11 (656 Views)
ACE - Expert

TK78 - Do you have the u-verse box plugged into the denon or he TV or a specialty power strip?? You need to plugit in to a continuos power outlet.

The three dots indicate you are powering it up.

Connect the U-verse box to the TV. Turn it off (put it to sleep) either from the remote or by pressing the oval button. What do you see? The press OK? Move the HDMI connection to the denon. Is the OK still on the screen? If no, check the settings to select the correct input on the TV or the Dennon.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11 (644 Views)
Tutor

I have all power running to a monster surge protector.  If you saying to just hook everything up to make sure it is working and then switching over to the Denon...I have done that. 

Message 5 of 11 (634 Views)
ACE - Expert

TK78 - I am asking that you connect the U-verse box to the Dennon while the U-verse box is "off" and view the press OK screen.

The reason for this is it eliminates the HDMI logic from the equation. You have already proven that the box works, the TV works, the cable works. All that is left is the HDMI logic and the Dennon to TV path.

If you can see the ok screen & press the power on for the U-verse box & the screen does not play I can suggest something else.

If you do not see the OK screen, the problem is between the Denon & the TV.
Message 6 of 11 (624 Views)
Tutor

okay, I understand what you are trying to do.  I will try this but the default screen for the Denon is a "Denon" screen.  So HDMI from the U-Verse to the Denon and HDMI from Denon to TV.  Power on, TV, Denon and then wait to see if the okay screen comes on from the U-Verse before pressing power on the U-verse unit?  Sorry, just slow with this stuff.

Message 7 of 11 (619 Views)
ACE - Expert

TK78 - No worries. If you had a full understanding of the complexities, you would not ask for help. The OK screen should look like it is a signal to the Denon, but, it does not carry the limiting handshake of the content display.
Message 8 of 11 (610 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for understanding!!!  I really appreciate it.  It just says no cable connected.   After a couple of minutes I tried to go ahead and power on the u-verse and screen went black for about 15 seconds and then back to the no cable connected screen.

Message 9 of 11 (606 Views)
Tutor

Sorry, please disregard that last post.  I had it set to the wrong hdmi.  It just says denon.  

Message 10 of 11 (604 Views)
ACE - Expert

TK78 - You are saying = with the Denon set to the correct HDMI input, it is not seeing the input (press OK) from U-verse.
Please try an input that you know works.
Message 11 of 11 (596 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.