Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 16, 2013
6:34:53 AM
View profile
Denied U-Verse when I bought my house
Edited by Taylarie on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:37:37 AM

Hi,

I just bought a house in North Asheville, NC and when I tried to transfer my service I am being told that there is an account at the address with an outstanding balance. It appears ATT wants me to act as collcection agent and is refusing me service. This is in violation of any and all franchise agreements. I am going to file a formal complaint with the NC PSC and the FCC.[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I bought the house and it is not my problem that there was a tenat/owner who bailed on their bill.

I am also going to build a website and slam ATT over this and the fact that thier CS phone staff barely speaks english and is incredibly unhelpful.

I once was able to speak with a US based person when I first setup my account and that person was very helpful. No such luck now.

If you have any similiar issues post here and when I get the website online I will post the link.

Hi,

I just bought a house in North Asheville, NC and when I tried to transfer my service I am being told that there is an account at the address with an outstanding balance. It appears ATT wants me to act as collcection agent and is refusing me service. This is in violation of any and all franchise agreements. I am going to file a formal complaint with the NC PSC and the FCC.[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I bought the house and it is not my problem that there was a tenat/owner who bailed on their bill.

I am also going to build a website and slam ATT over this and the fact that thier CS phone staff barely speaks english and is incredibly unhelpful.

I once was able to speak with a US based person when I first setup my account and that person was very helpful. No such luck now.

If you have any similiar issues post here and when I get the website online I will post the link.

Denied U-Verse when I bought my house

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 7:17:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Denied U-Verse when I bought my house

2 of 3 (342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 11:52:22 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello bubba9000,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you are having to establish U-verse service at your new location. I can help you investigate the blocking account and determine if I can make arrangements to have your address available for service. I have sent you a private message to gather specific details about your location and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello bubba9000,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you are having to establish U-verse service at your new location. I can help you investigate the blocking account and determine if I can make arrangements to have your address available for service. I have sent you a private message to gather specific details about your location and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Denied U-Verse when I bought my house

3 of 3 (313 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments