Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 18, 2013
3:06:09 PM
View profile
December Carriage Agreements

From the linke below:  

Notice Appearing in USA today on December 17, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

December 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after December 2013: GMA Pinoy (channel 3683), STAR India PLUS (channel 3706), and Zee TV (channel 3702).

January 2014:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after January 2014: HITN (channel 3055).

February 2014:

AT&T's contracts with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after February 2014:

(1)For Texas, in the Odessa-Midland area, KWWT (channel 5); and in the Lubbock area, KCBD (channel 11 and 1011 in HD);

(2)For Kentucky, in the Louisville area, WAVE (channel 3 and 1003 in HD);

(3)For North Carolina, in the Charlotte area, WBTV (channel 3 and 1003 in HD);

(4)For Mississippi, in the Jackson area, WLBT (channel 3 and 1003 in HD); and in the Biloxi area, WLOX (channel 13 and 1013 in HD);

(5)For South Carolina, in the Charleston area, WCSC (channel 5 and 1005 in HD); and in the Columbia area, WIS (channel 10 and 1010 in HD);

<p.(6)for tennessee,="" in="" the="" memphis="" area,="" wmc="" (channel="" 5="" and="" 1005="" hd);="" knoxville="" wtnz="" 43="" 1043="" hd);<="" p="">

(7)For Alabama, in the Birmingham area, WBRC (channel 6 and 1006 in HD); and in the Huntsville area, WAFF (channel 48 and 1048 in HD);

(8)For Louisiana, in the Baton Rouge area, WAFB (channel 9 and 1009 in HD) and WBXH (channel 39 and 1039 in HD);

(9)For Ohio, in the Toledo area, WTOL (channel 11 and 1011 in HD); and in the Cleveland area, WOIO (channel 19 and 1019 in HD) and WUAB (channel 43 and 1043 in HD); For Florida, in the West Palm Beach area, WFLX (channel 29 and 1029 in HD).

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

From the linke below:  

Notice Appearing in USA today on December 17, 2013

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

December 2013:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after December 2013: GMA Pinoy (channel 3683), STAR India PLUS (channel 3706), and Zee TV (channel 3702).

January 2014:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after January 2014: HITN (channel 3055).

February 2014:

AT&T's contracts with the programmer for the following channels are set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after February 2014:

(1)For Texas, in the Odessa-Midland area, KWWT (channel 5); and in the Lubbock area, KCBD (channel 11 and 1011 in HD);

(2)For Kentucky, in the Louisville area, WAVE (channel 3 and 1003 in HD);

(3)For North Carolina, in the Charlotte area, WBTV (channel 3 and 1003 in HD);

(4)For Mississippi, in the Jackson area, WLBT (channel 3 and 1003 in HD); and in the Biloxi area, WLOX (channel 13 and 1013 in HD);

(5)For South Carolina, in the Charleston area, WCSC (channel 5 and 1005 in HD); and in the Columbia area, WIS (channel 10 and 1010 in HD);

<p.(6)for tennessee,="" in="" the="" memphis="" area,="" wmc="" (channel="" 5="" and="" 1005="" hd);="" knoxville="" wtnz="" 43="" 1043="" hd);<="" p="">

(7)For Alabama, in the Birmingham area, WBRC (channel 6 and 1006 in HD); and in the Huntsville area, WAFF (channel 48 and 1048 in HD);

(8)For Louisiana, in the Baton Rouge area, WAFB (channel 9 and 1009 in HD) and WBXH (channel 39 and 1039 in HD);

(9)For Ohio, in the Toledo area, WTOL (channel 11 and 1011 in HD); and in the Cleveland area, WOIO (channel 19 and 1019 in HD) and WUAB (channel 43 and 1043 in HD); For Florida, in the West Palm Beach area, WFLX (channel 29 and 1029 in HD).

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

December Carriage Agreements

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 4:05:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Are we safe to assume that since the MLB Network only appeared in the October, 2013 notice for December, 2013, and not in the November and December, 2013 notices for December, 2013, there is a new carriage agreement between AT&T and Major League Baseball?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Are we safe to assume that since the MLB Network only appeared in the October, 2013 notice for December, 2013, and not in the November and December, 2013 notices for December, 2013, there is a new carriage agreement between AT&T and Major League Baseball?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: December Carriage Agreements

2 of 16 (723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 9:40:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Extra Innings? *hopeful*
Extra Innings? *hopeful*

3 of 16 (654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 9:40:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Bump!

Are we to assume that a new carriage agreement between AT&T and Major League Baseball has been signed since the MLB Network was not mentioned in December Carriage Agreement?

Bump!

Are we to assume that a new carriage agreement between AT&T and Major League Baseball has been signed since the MLB Network was not mentioned in December Carriage Agreement?

4 of 16 (654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 9:42:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Ha! We posted at the same time.

I would assume that a new contract has been finalized. Maybe this will include Extra Innings. Time will tell.

I would assume that a new contract has been finalized. Maybe this will include Extra Innings. Time will tell.

5 of 16 (652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 10:53:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:

Our friend in South Carolina was wrong again when he was worried and assumed that AT&T and U-Verse would not come to an agreement.

baseballisback wrote:

Our friend in South Carolina was wrong again when he was worried and assumed that AT&T and U-Verse would not come to an agreement.

6 of 16 (637 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 6:56:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Any word on Al Jazeera America? I have been getting some VHS Tapes full of the network from my sister. She has Time Warner Cable. The network is better than I had expected. I really believe AT&T should add this network. So far they have Comcast, Dish, DirecTV, Time Warner, Google Fiber and Verizon Fios. I hope this court situation is settled and we can get it.

Seriously, if Time Warner added it, it must be cheap enough. I hope they settle this thing. They got the sister network BeIn Sport already. If you seriously are against this network because it's owned by a Middle Eastern broadcaster, you obviously have not watched it yet. 

Any word on Al Jazeera America? I have been getting some VHS Tapes full of the network from my sister. She has Time Warner Cable. The network is better than I had expected. I really believe AT&T should add this network. So far they have Comcast, Dish, DirecTV, Time Warner, Google Fiber and Verizon Fios. I hope this court situation is settled and we can get it.

Seriously, if Time Warner added it, it must be cheap enough. I hope they settle this thing. They got the sister network BeIn Sport already. If you seriously are against this network because it's owned by a Middle Eastern broadcaster, you obviously have not watched it yet. 

7 of 16 (595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 9:41:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

jeremy1069fm wrote:If you seriously are against this network because it's owned by a Middle Eastern broadcaster, you obviously have not watched it yet. 

I agree.  People who are against adding Al Jazeera America assume all the male news anchors look like former Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and all the female news anchors wear burkas across their faces.  Most of the on-air talent are American and have previously worked for U.S.-based news networks.

jeremy1069fm wrote:If you seriously are against this network because it's owned by a Middle Eastern broadcaster, you obviously have not watched it yet. 

I agree.  People who are against adding Al Jazeera America assume all the male news anchors look like former Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and all the female news anchors wear burkas across their faces.  Most of the on-air talent are American and have previously worked for U.S.-based news networks.

iPhone 5S Verizon Wireless

8 of 16 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 9:23:03 AM
(0)
Explorer

This is what I like to see.  A short carriage agreement with not much of note.  Keep renewing those contracts AT&T!

This is what I like to see.  A short carriage agreement with not much of note.  Keep renewing those contracts AT&T!

9 of 16 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 10:30:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jeremy1069fm wrote:

U-verse does not make announcements about adding new channels in it's monthly carriage agreement updates.  Use the link below to make your channel requests:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

jeremy1069fm wrote:

U-verse does not make announcements about adding new channels in it's monthly carriage agreement updates.  Use the link below to make your channel requests:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

10 of 16 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 11:06:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Pacman -- I bet part of the reason this month's notice is shoe is because so many channels were recently renewed.
Pacman -- I bet part of the reason this month's notice is shoe is because so many channels were recently renewed.

11 of 16 (512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 12:05:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:

Don't you mean "short"? I didn't think you were referring to the poster on here who uses the nickname of "shoe".

baseballisback wrote:

Don't you mean "short"? I didn't think you were referring to the poster on here who uses the nickname of "shoe".

12 of 16 (505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 8:21:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Yes. You are correct. Give it a year or so and we'll start seeing the longer notices and all the fun that comes with that.
Yes. You are correct. Give it a year or so and we'll start seeing the longer notices and all the fun that comes with that.

13 of 16 (418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 11:15:29 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by codycooper864 on Dec 21, 2013 at 11:17:38 AM

I, just like everyone else, don't know if you'll see Extra Innings or not, but since they refused to add Center Ice (which I think also helped caused the permanent loss of NHL Network to U-Verse customers by the way), I can't help but have some doubts that they did.  So what are you good folks going to do if you indeed do not get MLB EI?  I'll tell you what I do and what you should consider doing. I have a Roku connected to my HDTV, a desktop computer in my little office area at home,a laptop computer, an IPad Air and an IPhone 4S.  I subscribe to both NHL Game Center and MLB TV.  So I get the games wherever I want them.  In fact, MLB TV is probably better than Extra Innings, since EI is, I believe, only TV access. So even if U-Verse does add it I personally won't subscribe to it and will opt to just keep my MLB TV. NBA League Pass, which I do subscribe to, is different...it includes access to LP Broadband, allowing you to see the games on your pad, smartphone and computers as well as your TV by subscribing to it.  So the NBA just has one big interconnected package rather than two separate ones. I could be wrong but I do not think Extra Innings is like League Pass. I mean I don't think EI offers any online access to games. I think EI and MLB TV are totally separate just as Center Ice and Gamecenter are for hockey.  In fact, I think the existence of Gamecenter and MLB TV may be why U-Verse doesn't feel it necessary to carry Center Ice or Extra Innings.  It's too bad they had to lose NHL Network partly due to it though.  At least it sounds like even if U-Verse turned down Extra Innings that maybe the folks at MLB are a little more reasonable than the NHL people were and will allow U-Verse to continue to air MLB Network without offering Extra Innings.

I, just like everyone else, don't know if you'll see Extra Innings or not, but since they refused to add Center Ice (which I think also helped caused the permanent loss of NHL Network to U-Verse customers by the way), I can't help but have some doubts that they did.  So what are you good folks going to do if you indeed do not get MLB EI?  I'll tell you what I do and what you should consider doing. I have a Roku connected to my HDTV, a desktop computer in my little office area at home,a laptop computer, an IPad Air and an IPhone 4S.  I subscribe to both NHL Game Center and MLB TV.  So I get the games wherever I want them.  In fact, MLB TV is probably better than Extra Innings, since EI is, I believe, only TV access. So even if U-Verse does add it I personally won't subscribe to it and will opt to just keep my MLB TV. NBA League Pass, which I do subscribe to, is different...it includes access to LP Broadband, allowing you to see the games on your pad, smartphone and computers as well as your TV by subscribing to it.  So the NBA just has one big interconnected package rather than two separate ones. I could be wrong but I do not think Extra Innings is like League Pass. I mean I don't think EI offers any online access to games. I think EI and MLB TV are totally separate just as Center Ice and Gamecenter are for hockey.  In fact, I think the existence of Gamecenter and MLB TV may be why U-Verse doesn't feel it necessary to carry Center Ice or Extra Innings.  It's too bad they had to lose NHL Network partly due to it though.  At least it sounds like even if U-Verse turned down Extra Innings that maybe the folks at MLB are a little more reasonable than the NHL people were and will allow U-Verse to continue to air MLB Network without offering Extra Innings.

[ Edited ]
14 of 16 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 12:04:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by baseballisback on Dec 21, 2013 at 12:07:02 PM

Roku is awesome. I have a Chromecast which is a very similar technology...now I just need a better laptop.

The cool thing about the internet versions of these packages?? If you go on the road, you can most likely see your home team online. I was in NY and saw my Ohio team online...something I can't do in Ohio.

Don't say permanent about NHL Network though...I'm sure it'll be back eventually.

Roku is awesome. I have a Chromecast which is a very similar technology...now I just need a better laptop.

The cool thing about the internet versions of these packages?? If you go on the road, you can most likely see your home team online. I was in NY and saw my Ohio team online...something I can't do in Ohio.

Don't say permanent about NHL Network though...I'm sure it'll be back eventually.

[ Edited ]
15 of 16 (380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 1:17:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

I would like to have NHL Network for the amatuer hockey they show.  Maybe we'll get it back one day.

I would like to have NHL Network for the amatuer hockey they show.  Maybe we'll get it back one day.

16 of 16 (370 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments