DVR

Contributor

DVR

With no movies/events recorded, our DVR shows 45% of recorded space is available.

Is this a manufacturer's defect and has anyone else experienced this situation?

Message 1 of 7 (267 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: DVR

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds.  This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked,

If not, the Community Mgrs here will be around shortly. good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (267 Views)
ACE - Expert

All the reprogramming is the same thing, no matter which one you do. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (267 Views)
ACE - Expert

Oh, really?  So why have 3 different activities that do the same thing? :smileyconfused:

Message 4 of 7 (267 Views)
ACE - Master

Just to throw my 2 cents in.......I would think that if the OP showed only 45% of the drive left, it would be better to format it back to factory to re-gain the lost clusters.  Since they had no recorded shows there would be no impact by do the re-format.  If they had to do it later to re-gain the space, after recording content, they would be worse off because then they would lose all of their recordings.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 5 of 7 (267 Views)
ACE - Expert

I've always found it hard to hold the 2 buttons down w/o hitting any other ones w/my big fingers and loss of minor touch control due to the arthritis in my fingers and hands. Smiley Wink

Chris

Message 6 of 7 (267 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Hello, julieguinther

Just checking up on your post. The "Disaster Recovery" function that beebeesa, jeffermc, and mibrnsurg are suggesting is used to perform a reset on the DVR, it is highly likely that these steps they provided will resolve this kind of issue with your DVR, but if it still shows only 45% available storage after a disaster recovery, then feel free to let us know about it and we'll be glad to arrange shipping you a replacement. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7 (267 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.