DVR won't let me schedule new recordings on BBCA - SD or HD.

Contributor

DVR won't let me schedule new recordings on BBCA - SD or HD.

Hi all and thanks for reading.

So yesterday my DVR gave me some issues.  It wouldn't turn on via the remote or by pressing the power button on the DVR.  So, I unplugged it for a little bit and then plugged it back in.  It appeared to reset itself and then worked for about 30 minutes before it shut off on its own again.  It then randomly came back on and has been working fine since then.

But now I can't record anything on BBCA, SD or HD.  I tested it to make sure it was just an issue with this channel and it is. 

I tried to schedule to record an individual episode of Doctor Who via the "Search" function and it won't let me.  When I try to schedule a series record, it schedules an entirely different show to record (I got Top Gear one time and Star Trek the next). 

When trying to record an individual episode, I just can't even click the episode.  I can scroll to it, but nothing happens when I try to click it to schedule a recording.

I can use the guide feature, but these are episodes a week or more away that will take a while to scroll to.  I'll do it for now, but would like to see this remidied at some point. 

Maybe other people are having this issue?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (615 Views)
Employee

Re: DVR won't let me schedule new recordings on BBCA - SD or HD.

For guide, use the fast forward button when guide screen is open, allows you to skip ahead one day at a time.

For the dvr, try unplug three times, should get single gear, then two gears. This allows the dvr to take new software update and apply without losing recordings.

If the above does not solve problem then either factory resetting DVR, or replacing DVR...either way losing recordings.
To factory reset, depress power, ok,down all at same time,after 10 seconds release power, continue to hold ok,down.
Lights on front of DVR will flash three times, release all buttons, will see one gear, two gear, bluescreen on demand, takes about 15 minutes,after up, give another 5 minutes to load guide, dvr functions, test recording feature and pause.

Recommend doing the factory reset on new DVRs to ensure no garbage or issues with hard drive.

Hope this helps pointing in the right direction.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (604 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello jrlinds1,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you are having with your DVR. I can help you replace it if you continue having trouble after performing the recommendations  provided. I have sent you a private message to gather your account information in case we need to take this option. I also recommend checking the power source you were using for this DVR. If it was plugged into a power strip try using a different outlet. This does not seem like it will have an impact on recording for a single channel but since the trouble began with no power and unplugging/ pluggin back in restored service, it would be worth looking into.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (579 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

my thoughts wrote:
For the dvr, try unplug three times, should get single gear, then two gears. This allows the dvr to take new software update and apply without losing recordings.

I hadn't heard of unplugging the dvr 3 times and get the gears.  But with all of the new equipment I am not surprised to hear of newer solutions.  The problem could be the software in the dvr or RG got corrupted which could cause that problem.  To fix that, just unplug the ac cable on the RG for 30 seconds and after it reboots do the same thing with the DVR.  Unplugging the devices for 30 seconds causes the software to be redownloaded into them.  Then try setting a recording.

Message 4 of 5 (542 Views)
Contributor

BBC America will be changing channel locations around 11/22. Recording for future cannot be counted on so manual recording needs to be paid attention as the change in channel numbers will be witnessed. In the messages, or somewhere, on account manager there is a blurb on that.

Message 5 of 5 (480 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.