Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 21, 2013
8:43:44 PM
View profile
DVR stops recording after tech visit.

Saturday i had a tech come out becuase the phone stopped working (have phone, internet and cable through uverse). He said something about the phone line being wired outside and in the room, he shut off the outside line and it fixed the problem. The phone in the room works, and since all phones are connected to that base they all work. 

He also changed the dvr connection to the router from co-axial cable to an ethernet cable. As soon as that happened my whole home dvr stopped working. The DVR wouldnt record and it kept saying that other tvs were recording so it couldnt pause. 

I reset the dvr (as per the phone techs instructions, 3x unplug and plug) and it worked. Next day i noticed nothing recorded, problem was back. DVR stopped working. I did the 3x unplug and plug and it started working again. 

Its become a recurring problem, does it have anything to do with the phone/coaxial changes by the tech? It started immediately after. 

Saturday i had a tech come out becuase the phone stopped working (have phone, internet and cable through uverse). He said something about the phone line being wired outside and in the room, he shut off the outside line and it fixed the problem. The phone in the room works, and since all phones are connected to that base they all work. 

He also changed the dvr connection to the router from co-axial cable to an ethernet cable. As soon as that happened my whole home dvr stopped working. The DVR wouldnt record and it kept saying that other tvs were recording so it couldnt pause. 

I reset the dvr (as per the phone techs instructions, 3x unplug and plug) and it worked. Next day i noticed nothing recorded, problem was back. DVR stopped working. I did the 3x unplug and plug and it started working again. 

Its become a recurring problem, does it have anything to do with the phone/coaxial changes by the tech? It started immediately after. 

DVR stops recording after tech visit.

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 9:08:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your DVR problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your DVR problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR stops recording after tech visit.

2 of 6 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 9:22:03 PM
(0)
Employee
Yes the RG keeps a set top list and how connected. Anytime you change that configuration you need to reboot RG.

Best.....unplug all uverse equipment, reset RG, once up all lights solid, plug in DVR once completed plug in remainder of set top boxes.

After the boxes reboot can take 90 sec to three minutes to load guide and dvr functions
Reommend after everything is back on say after 10 mins verify system is working correctly. If issues can repeat steps during factory reset on RG instead of soft reboot.

Best and sorry about your issue but should be easy fix.
Yes the RG keeps a set top list and how connected. Anytime you change that configuration you need to reboot RG.

Best.....unplug all uverse equipment, reset RG, once up all lights solid, plug in DVR once completed plug in remainder of set top boxes.

After the boxes reboot can take 90 sec to three minutes to load guide and dvr functions
Reommend after everything is back on say after 10 mins verify system is working correctly. If issues can repeat steps during factory reset on RG instead of soft reboot.

Best and sorry about your issue but should be easy fix.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 9:56:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

TS already had him do a Non Destrutive Disastery Recorvery and it didn't help in any way, Customer Care will get his DVR replaced and make things work. Smiley Wink

Chris

TS already had him do a Non Destrutive Disastery Recorvery and it didn't help in any way, Customer Care will get his DVR replaced and make things work. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 10:10:00 PM
(0)
Employee
TS had him reset the dvr not the RG, the RG is looking for DVR on coax connection not the new Ethernet cable that the RG has been moved to.
To rebuild the list the RG needs to be reset followed by seeing each device and how connected thus my advice. I honestly do not think anything wrong with dvr requiring it to be replaced. If OP wants and has STB on coax he could move the DVR to set top location and I believe the dvr will work (would be back on coax list).
TS had him reset the dvr not the RG, the RG is looking for DVR on coax connection not the new Ethernet cable that the RG has been moved to.
To rebuild the list the RG needs to be reset followed by seeing each device and how connected thus my advice. I honestly do not think anything wrong with dvr requiring it to be replaced. If OP wants and has STB on coax he could move the DVR to set top location and I believe the dvr will work (would be back on coax list).
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (277 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 3:03:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I ended up having to reboot my RG when I moved my DVR from Coax to Cat 5e.  Smooth sailing after that.

I ended up having to reboot my RG when I moved my DVR from Coax to Cat 5e.  Smooth sailing after that.

6 of 6 (184 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments