DVR space available incorrect and erasing and no longer recording

Contributor

DVR space available incorrect and erasing and no longer recording

we have had our system for about 3 years and since we had it, the space available has never changed from around 23% available - regardless of whether we have 50 shows recorded or 150 shows recorded.  All of a sudden, yesterday, it said we have only 6% available and erased about 30 shows.  We always record non HD and we have been able to keep about  180 shows with no problem.  Yesterday, we had about 170 shows and then the DVR started erasing about 50 shows and we are now left with 130 and it will no longer record.  I think there is something wrong with the hard drive but I dont want to lose all those shows we've been saving for a long time. Any suggestions?  Also, I have about 10 kids shows (i,e, Dora the Explorer) set to record every day and just re-record over the old show from yesterday so that should not change the percentage but it is now 

Message 1 of 2 (765 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: DVR space available incorrect and erasing and no longer recording

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (734 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.