DVR showing it will record movie multiple days/times?

DVR showing it will record movie multiple days/times?

Hi everyone,

I just tried scheduling a recording of a movie airing tomorrow and noticed that the red "record" dot is showing up next to the movie on multiple days and times (tomorrow at 10:00pm, Monday at 12:00am, Tuesday at 4:00pm). When I attempt to delete one of the recordings, all of the red dots disappear and the movie is not scheduled to be recorded at all. Oddly, even when I add back one of the recordings (and all three dates/times show that they are set to record), NONE show up in the "Scheduled" category of "Recordings" at all. I rebooted the DVR twice to see if that would resolve the problem, but it persists. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Message 1 of 9 (427 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: DVR showing it will record movie multiple days/times?

Lacey_Underalls - How did you try to set it up? Did you use the red button? one press, one episode. Two presses series. Three presses, deletes the series. great Idea if the press count us correct - no key bounce or hold the button too long.

Try - select the movie with the OK button & carefully examine the options presented
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9 (422 Views)

aviewer: I located the movie by pressing "Guide" - "Menu" - "Search" and typed in the movie title. I scrolled over and selected the correct movie title from the list and pressed "OK." From there, I pressed "OK" on one of the listed dates/times and selected "Record Program," changed my recording preferences ("Keep Until: I Erase"), then selected "Record."

Message 3 of 9 (419 Views)
Employee

In your screen did you choose first run AND reruns, OR first run only.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 9 (411 Views)
ACE - Expert

Lacey_Underalls - Others have reported other problems with the search. Perhaps, the multiple records got tied together in the record trigger. Are you adding it back the same way? Try calling it up by locating it in the guide to avoid the questionable search software. What is the movie?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9 (411 Views)

This is a movie; therefore, there are no first run/rerun options.

Message 6 of 9 (405 Views)

aviewer: When you say "try calling it up by locating it in the guide to avoid the questionable search software," I'm guessing you mean rather than pressing "Guide" then "Search," just to click "Guide" and scroll ahead to the actual day and time the movie will air and record from there? I tried that and it DOES appear to properly schedule the movie, which I can verify by looking in the "Recordings" - "Scheduled" area. After doing this, I went back to "Guide" -"Menu" - "Search" to see if more than one airing of the movie showed the red record dot and both tomorrow at 10:00pm and Monday at 12:00am say they will record; however, only tomorrow at 10:00pm (the one I selected to record from the guide) is actually showing in the "Scheduled" section. Very strange. The movie in question is Premonition; however, I just scheduled a recording of This Is Spinal Tap and it did the same thing when I went through "Guide" - "Menu" - "Search" and recorded from the listings there, so it's happening with more than one movie.

Message 7 of 9 (402 Views)
ACE - Expert

I wanted to try it to see if it displayed a series or single menu. It did produce a single menu. But, then again, it appeared to schedule just the one recording. Just have to add it to the work to be done in this area on the latest rollout.
Message 8 of 9 (350 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

this all started 5/2013 due to an upgrade ATT did, and still is a problem, along with California being on Central time on the search function and more showtimes plus the red dot problem. ATT has been aware of the problem and has not corrected it as of today 1/6/2014. 10 months now and no action.

They have increased their price as of 1/1/2014 and refuese to give a credit on my bill. I,m not geting what I,m paying for.

Message 9 of 9 (249 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.