Helpful Links

DVR records single show when series selected

Contributor

DVR records single show when series selected

When I record a marathon, only the first episode records.  There are 3 red dots indicating series is scheduled.  I have selected 'any day, any time' but the next episode shows nothing selected to record. It then shows 1 recorded 0 scheduled so I have to do this for each hour, each day, for 4 days. 

Im gonna have 45 episodes recorded individually instead of (45) in one spot.  WHY?????

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: DVR records single show when series selected

dlibra - Is it possible that when you are selecting any time, any day the cursor keeps going to one per day? IT does not make sense to have that option because that is set in the "how many to keep" category.

I have experienced & seen other posts about problems scheduling series when there are multiple episodes in adjacent time slots.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

No it stays on any day, any time.  I even went online and tried it that way and it would record the 'series' 'any day, any time' but only the one show. 

Today I tried online again and this time got an error saying 'we ran into a problem communicating with your DVR while attempting to update this recording'.  But it would record a single episode.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 9
Employee

Suspect issue is a marathon (jerry lewis telethon?) Is not a series....no episode 1, 2, etc. Like in season programs requiring individual time slots to be set.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 9
Contributor

I wanted to record the shows in the order they were aired.  If I tell the DVR to record a show 'any day' at 'any time', I would expect it to do just that.

Has done this for other shows before.  Won't do it for ANY new series programmed recently.  Suspect DVR problem.  Gonna unplug the whole mess tonight and begin again.  The remote is making my fingers hurt Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

This same thing has happened to me.  I've reported it to AT&T.  They've made suggestions, but at this point I'm not willing to carry through with the last thing available to me without them providing new software (i.e. a destructive disaster recovery).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue. It sure would be nice if someone could offer a solution. 

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Master

my thoughts wrote:
Suspect issue is a marathon (jerry lewis telethon?) Is not a series....no episode 1, 2, etc. Like in season programs requiring individual time slots to be set.

Maybe but probably not.  The REAL culprit is probably p-poor descriptions from our WONDERFUL guide provider.  Without knowing what the OP (or Jeffer et al) were trying to record, this is only a guess.  Lets say that the series is "Lassie."  If the Guide info says something like "episode 504, Last Chance OAD 9/28/1969" and the next episode says "Success Story, OAD 10/5/1969,"  the DVR should record them all.  BUT what if the Guide just says "Lassie.  A boy and his dog, No Cast Info is available," the DVR will record only one.  The DVR thinks that each subsequent "no cast info" program is the same.  We have a baaad Guide provider.

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Expert

The only workaround I have gotten to work with this issue is to set multiple series recordings for a particular program.  This should not be but it works for me.  I don't know why this happens, and I have not read any posts that had information that explained it.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Additional Support