DVR recordings - play in loop?

Tutor

DVR recordings - play in loop?

Noticed someething interesting - one of the movies I recorded with the DVR will playback in a loop. What I mean is, when the recording [it's a movie BTW] reaches the end of the recording, it automatically restarts and plays again.

Of the dozen or so recordings [movies, sports, etc] only this one recording does this. I actually like it, I'm just curious to know why only this one and/or can I tell other recordings to do this too?

Feature request:

Would love to have the option to queue up several movies at once to play one after the other without intervention. Basically a recording 'playlist' feature - can this be done?

Message 1 of 6 (228 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: DVR recordings - play in loop?

Landia - As you say, the repeat occurrence is unique. I believe there have been a few posts in the past requesting both features - Looping on one or stepping through a list. I can see value in both, but believe they are not currently available - except for the one you discovered.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (225 Views)
Tutor

LOL - I guess the question then becomes "What did I do to 'accidentally' trigger it for this one movie! Or perhaps it's totally random and I just got lucky.
Message 3 of 6 (224 Views)
ACE - Expert

I imagined it is reproducible & happened automatically at the end of viewing. Normally a menu appears that can trigger start from beginning with a single OK button.
So, either you did press an OK or whatever you pressed was corrupted to be an OK. either is a possible scenario.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (221 Views)
Tutor

I have several movies that when they finish I've hit "OK" to restart but only this one movie will restart without touching the remote. As you suggest, perhaps it's a bug or a corrupted file. What's interesting and I have not tried is to see if this same thing happens on a different reciever within the house with this same movie.

What would be nice is to get a list of all the 'backdoor' or hidden commands associated with the system! You know the devs have some built in. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6 (219 Views)
ACE - Master

Landia wrote:
I have several movies that when they finish I've hit "OK" to restart but only this one movie will restart without touching the remote. As you suggest, perhaps it's a bug or a corrupted file. What's interesting and I have not tried is to see if this same thing happens on a different reciever within the house with this same movie.

What would be nice is to get a list of all the 'backdoor' or hidden commands associated with the system! You know the devs have some built in. Smiley Happy

I had a discussion with another subscriber, last month, about how the DVR handles itself at the end of a program.  Long story short, it has no rhyme or reason.  One time (after a six minute delay), it started replaying the recording from the start, one time it brought up a menu and another time it brought up a screensaver.  The latter, if you pressed a key, the recording was paused at the beginning.

I think that it depends if you have previously watched the recording and what box it is on (DVR or non-DVR box).l

Message 6 of 6 (156 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support