DVR only recording 9 minutes of a series episode

Contributor

DVR only recording 9 minutes of a series episode

I just got AT&T and I set up series recordings. When I went to watch, only 9 minutes were recorded on one and 17 minutes of another. I check settings and it doesn't look unusual, all set up to record 5 minutes past, until I erase, Etc. Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 8 (1,034 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: DVR only recording 9 minutes of a series episode

Usually this sort of thing happens when the DVR loses signal in mid show; it terminates the recording it's been making, then starts recording in a new "show" when it gets signal again.

Do you have any issues watching live content on your DVR?  Pauses, pixelation, macro-blocking, etc?

How is your DVR connected to the RG?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (1,009 Views)
ACE - Master

Power outage? 

If not a power outage, or in some other way, the DVR or RG (Residential Gateway / Modem) was taken off line, then it sounds like an issue that we used to run into this alot where the DVR stopped receiving permission / instructions to keep the recording going.  That issue was fixed quite a few years ago.

My main suggestion would be to restart both the DVR and the RG.  If the issue keeps happening, I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8 (996 Views)
Contributor

Sorry I feel dumb, what is the RG? Also, if two shows are taping in HD, you can't watch HD on another TV? That's what is said on the screen

Stephanie Martens
Regional Marketing Manager
Sent From Handheld Device
Message 4 of 8 (947 Views)
Employee

RG is the residential gateway, the brains, router/modem....
for IPTV available units are 3800 (grey), 3801 (black), inid with i38hg (white), 589 (black).

Available profiles (based on distance)....
55M , under 2200 feet, bonded pair, max internet 45M, tv 4HD.
32M, under 2200 feet, single pair, max internet 24M, tv 4HD
25M, under 3000 feet, single pair, max internet 18M, tv 3HD/1SD
25M, over 3000 feet, bonded pair, max internet 18M, tv 3HD/1SD
19M, over 3000 feet, bonded pair, max internet 12M, tv 2HD/2SD

If you can only watch and/or record 2HD channels sounds as if setup for 19M.
I would recommend contact UVerse to verify correct profile setting,
The 19M is a grandfathered and not normally a new installation, would be moved to 25M bonded if available.

If 2 shows are taping in HD and watching 3rd HD on DVR, then get error message as stated possibility ...
On 25M profile 3HD, 1SD the 4th input required to be SD OR
On 32M profile 4HD WAN (inputs to RG), but 3Hd/1SD ingress (what the DVR) can handle,
In this case the DVR can record 3 HD, but to watch live TV at DVR would need to be SD or
Need to watch 4th HD input at a TV that is not the DVR location.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (944 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Do a hard reset of your equipment.  First unplug the ac cable from the Residential Gatewy (the modem) for 30 seconds.  After it reboots do the same thing with your other set top boxes, including the dvr stb.  This will cause the software to be redownloaded into your equipment. 

Message 6 of 8 (928 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Same here. It only recorded 8 minutes of a two hour show,.. the first show of a series. Extremely annoying.

I have three other huge gripes with U-verse. 1. no frame by frame 2. no slow motion 3. Sound and video not synched -- this is infuriating on music performances.

Message 7 of 8 (859 Views)
ACE - Master

Gyrobob wrote:

Same here. It only recorded 8 minutes of a two hour show,.. the first show of a series. Extremely annoying.

I have three other huge gripes with U-verse. 1. no frame by frame 2. no slow motion 3. Sound and video not synched -- this is infuriating on music performances.

See your other thread, for suggestions.

Message 8 of 8 (843 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.