DVR deletes scheduled recordings of one particular show

DVR deletes scheduled recordings of one particular show

This is a weird one....  My DVR keeps deleting scheduled recordings, but only for one particular show, Animal Cops (don't judge Smiley Happy), which airs two rerun episodes every weekday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. CST on Animal Planet.  Originally, I scheduled each episode individually, about a week in advance, and for a few days everything was fine, my DVR was recording two episodes every week day.  Then, for a few days I noticed only one episode was being recorded.  I thought maybe the schedule had changed, but checked, and Animal Planet was still airing both, but my DVR was only recording one.  Then I checked the list of scheduled recordings on my DVR, and many of the episodes that I had previously scheduled were no longer listed (only episodes of Animal Cops--none of my other scheduled recordings had changed).  So I went back and rescheduled each episode, ensuring that I got a confirmation that each recording was scheduled, and double-checked that they were all listed as scheduled on the DVR.  And for two or three days, all of the scheduled episodes were recorded.  Then once again, I was missing episodes, and many were no longer listed as scheduled. Note: I say "many" because not all episodes of Animal Cops are disappearing from my scheduled recordings, but most are.  Again, no other scheduled recordings were effected.  So this time I tried setting a series record, to record every episode, every day, at any time.  And once again, the episodes were all showing up on my DVR as scheduled and recorded for a few days, and then went *poof* again.

I'm not having any other problems with my DVR, no lagging, no errors, and I have lots of recording space available.  I typically DVR between 5-8 shows a day, the vast majority scheduled in advance, and I have never had something I scheduled just straight up fail to record.  I guess the obvious answer is that the box is going bad and I need a new one, but it's just so strange that Animal Cops is the only show that is effected.  Maybe my DVR hates animals?  Smiley LOL

I have done a hard reboot, but have not yet tried reformatting because I have a few shows saved that I don't want to lose.  If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  If reformatting the DVR might resolve the issue, I will give it a shot, I'm just skeptical that the box is repeatedly glitching on the same show (although I admit I don't know what else it could be).  

Message 1 of 3 (394 Views)
Contributor

Re: DVR deletes scheduled recordings of one particular show

Can't really help you because I came here to post about a similar problem with recording the daily eps of Supernatural on TNT  (3 per day.)  Set it to "series" record, but only the first one will record on that one day and that's it.  Nothing scheduled for the future.  Everything else and all other series work fine...except the one I REALLY want!

Message 2 of 3 (295 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: DVR deletes scheduled recordings of one particular show

janicec678 wrote:

Can't really help you because I came here to post about a similar problem with recording the daily eps of Supernatural on TNT  (3 per day.)  Set it to "series" record, but only the first one will record on that one day and that's it.  Nothing scheduled for the future.  Everything else and all other series work fine...except the one I REALLY want!

Do you have your series recodings set to "record first runs and repeats"?

Message 3 of 3 (276 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.