Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 17, 2013
3:48:43 PM
View profile
DVR Series Priority Order
Edited by bnjmneaton on Nov 17, 2013 at 4:41:55 PM

This is very likely one of the dumbest questions on the board, but I am baffled.

When I was with Comcast, DVR Priority listing went with 1-50 ect. with 1 being the first program that would be recorded if there was a conflict. When you added a show to the recording list it went to the very bottom (being 51 in this instance).

With ATT, is number 1 still the most important, or is it the least important? When I add a new recording it automatically becomes the new number 1

Please help

This is very likely one of the dumbest questions on the board, but I am baffled.

When I was with Comcast, DVR Priority listing went with 1-50 ect. with 1 being the first program that would be recorded if there was a conflict. When you added a show to the recording list it went to the very bottom (being 51 in this instance).

With ATT, is number 1 still the most important, or is it the least important? When I add a new recording it automatically becomes the new number 1

Please help

DVR Series Priority Order

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 8:02:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Move it down to the point you want it at w/the arrows on the right. 

I personally move all the 'cable channel' series below the Network series. 

This way a later airing of the 'cable channel' series can be substitued in the case of a conflict. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Move it down to the point you want it at w/the arrows on the right. 

I personally move all the 'cable channel' series below the Network series. 

This way a later airing of the 'cable channel' series can be substitued in the case of a conflict. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR Series Priority Order

2 of 7 (480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 3:00:25 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by gsica1949 on Nov 18, 2013 at 3:01:24 PM

I'm agreement with your complaint. It should always add a show at the lowest priority, however, one night adding programs, you'll learn that there is more than one way to add a schedule and one time only, and I cannot figure out how I did it, it did add the show at the bottom of the series order.

Now everytime I add a show, you have to go to the series feature and bring to where you want it because heaven and earth will move by my wife should DWTS not be recorded. A good thing is ABC will have it on line usually by the next day. 

I'm agreement with your complaint. It should always add a show at the lowest priority, however, one night adding programs, you'll learn that there is more than one way to add a schedule and one time only, and I cannot figure out how I did it, it did add the show at the bottom of the series order.

Now everytime I add a show, you have to go to the series feature and bring to where you want it because heaven and earth will move by my wife should DWTS not be recorded. A good thing is ABC will have it on line usually by the next day. 

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 12:05:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That feature that Comcast has is probably patented for their use only.  Different serviced providers offer differing features because of patents that are held by the providers.  ATT has dealt with the priority issue with the resources that are available to them IMHO.  If they are working on a way to improve this service, they will roll it out asap.

That feature that Comcast has is probably patented for their use only.  Different serviced providers offer differing features because of patents that are held by the providers.  ATT has dealt with the priority issue with the resources that are available to them IMHO.  If they are working on a way to improve this service, they will roll it out asap.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 10:12:50 AM
(0)
Community Support

@bnjmneaton , was your question answered? I see some folks offered some information but not sure if your question was addressed. Let us know! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@bnjmneaton , was your question answered? I see some folks offered some information but not sure if your question was addressed. Let us know! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2015 5:51:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

RCSMG wrote:

DirecTV does it too ...

RCSMG wrote:

DirecTV does it too ...

6 of 7 (83 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2015 5:53:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

ATTJulieCS wrote:

i had the same question and only saw a work around provided by chris ... is it possible to have a newly set to record series be added at the bottom of the priority list

ATTJulieCS wrote:

i had the same question and only saw a work around provided by chris ... is it possible to have a newly set to record series be added at the bottom of the priority list

7 of 7 (81 Views)