DVR Feature Request

Highlighted
Tutor

DVR Feature Request

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'd like a feature request for DVR. My understanding is most people have a mixed ingress profile (i.e. 1 SD/3 HD, 2 SD/2 HD, etc.) I think it's safe to assume that everyone would prefer to record in HD. What I'd like to see is the DVR automatically record the SD equivalent channel when no HD streams are available. Currently if I already have 3 HD shows recording/scheduled at the same time and I want to add a fourth, I get a conflict. What would be great is if this instance happens, that it would pick the SD channel instead. This is similar to what Windows Media Center does.... when all HD tuners are in use, it will fall back to an SD tuner if available, when no fall back is available then a conflict error will come up!

Message 1 of 3 (265 Views)
Community Manager

Re: DVR Feature Request

That's a great suggestion, Thank you cregacho! I'll see if I can pass it to the right channel.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: DVR Feature Request

cregacho, that indeed is a great suggestion.Hopefully the DVR GUI and functionality will be further developed, i.e. automatic conflict resolution, recommendations, email notices and so on.

Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.