Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 15, 2013
5:53:57 PM
View profile
DVR Echo and Video/Voice Out of Sync

We just had our DVR replaced, and the replacement is acting strange. At times the sound will all of a sudden go nuts, either an echo, talking under water, or out of sync. All I have to do to clear it up is to pause and then start to play again.  It does this on both recorded and live shows. We have 3 boxes, the dvr is connected via ethernet while the other two boxes are coax. TVs are just standard RCA connectors.  I do not know if the behaviour happens on SD, we only watch and record HD.

This is the fourth DVR in a little over 12 months, each has had a different issue, two just stopped working, none of the previous had the sound issue like this box. This one was a replacement when the tech broke the last one. I don't want a 5th. PLEASE HELP!

We just had our DVR replaced, and the replacement is acting strange. At times the sound will all of a sudden go nuts, either an echo, talking under water, or out of sync. All I have to do to clear it up is to pause and then start to play again.  It does this on both recorded and live shows. We have 3 boxes, the dvr is connected via ethernet while the other two boxes are coax. TVs are just standard RCA connectors.  I do not know if the behaviour happens on SD, we only watch and record HD.

This is the fourth DVR in a little over 12 months, each has had a different issue, two just stopped working, none of the previous had the sound issue like this box. This one was a replacement when the tech broke the last one. I don't want a 5th. PLEASE HELP!

DVR Echo and Video/Voice Out of Sync

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 6:04:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by americangame on Aug 16, 2013 at 6:06:46 AM

So your connected to your TV via RCA composite cables? 

Is there a sound system that your STB is connected to?

Try switching to HDMI as your connection from your STB to the TV/ Sound system. See if this clears up your issue.

EDIT: For a great price on HDMI cables, check out monoprice.com. Make sure you get the correct length and not one that is too short. 3 feet is probably just right/too short for most setups.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

So your connected to your TV via RCA composite cables? 

Is there a sound system that your STB is connected to?

Try switching to HDMI as your connection from your STB to the TV/ Sound system. See if this clears up your issue.

EDIT: For a great price on HDMI cables, check out monoprice.com. Make sure you get the correct length and not one that is too short. 3 feet is probably just right/too short for most setups.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR Echo and Video/Voice Out of Sync

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (299 Views)