DVR DO NOT RESET WITH POWER+OK+Down arrow..or you lose your recordings!

Contributor

DVR DO NOT RESET WITH POWER+OK+Down arrow..or you lose your recordings!

I just realized my DVR was not recording, even though the red lite on screen said it was.  Then I noticed the red lite on DVR was not on, looked on net and it was suggested to reset DVR by pressing POWER+OK+Down arrow.  Well, this fixed the problem, but it ERASED ALL MY PREVIOUS RECORDINGS!  They are gone, guess there is nothing to do but live with it!  Too bad all our equipment is cheap Chinese junk that has to be reset or replaced on a pretty regular basis. The Chinese own us! This is not just with Uverse, but all our computers, TVs, and and other cable, satellite services.  

If anyone knows of a way to retrieve my recorded shows, would appreciate knowing how!

Message 1 of 4 (3,241 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: DVR DO NOT RESET WITH POWER+OK+Down arrow..or you lose your recordings!

It's known the destructive disaster recovery would erase the Recordings that you can not get back as it formatted the whole hard drive again.  If you would have come here first I would 've recommend you use this:

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery 

This brings TV back quickly, but Guide info and The Recordings take a long while, but do re-appear. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (3,234 Views)
Contributor

Thanks, the poster failed to meniton that recordings would be lost and I did not look far enough. Maybe this post will save others from losing their programming.

i need to explore a way to back up recordings to a VCR or computer if that is possible. i know that my VCR wont record a HD program/ Anyone know of a way to do this. Are HD VCRs available?

Message 3 of 4 (3,186 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

one07main - RE: i need to explore a way to back up recordings to a VCR or computer if that is possible. i know that my VCR wont record a HD program/ Anyone know of a way to do this. Are HD VCRs available?

There are DVD recorders available, but playing the shows into a computer is another choice. Hauppage & Elgato are bug names in this area.

It may be hard to find HDMI connection. U-verse content may be blocked or distorted by copy protection.

Google is your friend for exploring theses devices. Check out the Channel Master CM-7400

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (3,180 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.