Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 1, 2013
6:48:51 AM
View profile
DSL service dropping/reconnecting often
Edited by teakert on Oct 1, 2013 at 7:57:08 AM

Greetings,

I was hoping I could have someone look at the UV Realtime screenshots below and give me some sort of idea of what is going on with our U-verse service.  Until recently we really never had too many issues.  Perhaps I'd have to restart the router here or there, but for the most part things were working fine.  I got a txt from my wife last night that the service kept dropping on her every 10-15 minutes or so and a reboot of the Residential Gateway didn't help.  Once I got home, I observed the same behavior.  After about every 10 minutes of MNF we'd lose DSL service and have to wait for it to come back (usually a 3-5 minute process) before the TV signal would return.  I connected to the box and looked at the logs, watched it disconnect a couple times, then cleared the logs to start collecting fresh data.  After some surfing between drops (and on my phone), I downloaded UV Realtime and grabbed the following screenshots:

During one of the drops:

As you can see, a fair amount of DSL Unavailable and that was after clearing the logs... and even once the DSL reconnects it seems to take a couple minutes to get an IP and be fully operational.

This morning before leaving for work I grabbed a couple more:

{Personal content removed for your safety}

While it was working for the few minutes I took the screenshots, it would appear there were more errors after I finally got to bed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Greg Teakert

Greetings,

I was hoping I could have someone look at the UV Realtime screenshots below and give me some sort of idea of what is going on with our U-verse service.  Until recently we really never had too many issues.  Perhaps I'd have to restart the router here or there, but for the most part things were working fine.  I got a txt from my wife last night that the service kept dropping on her every 10-15 minutes or so and a reboot of the Residential Gateway didn't help.  Once I got home, I observed the same behavior.  After about every 10 minutes of MNF we'd lose DSL service and have to wait for it to come back (usually a 3-5 minute process) before the TV signal would return.  I connected to the box and looked at the logs, watched it disconnect a couple times, then cleared the logs to start collecting fresh data.  After some surfing between drops (and on my phone), I downloaded UV Realtime and grabbed the following screenshots:

During one of the drops:

As you can see, a fair amount of DSL Unavailable and that was after clearing the logs... and even once the DSL reconnects it seems to take a couple minutes to get an IP and be fully operational.

This morning before leaving for work I grabbed a couple more:

{Personal content removed for your safety}

While it was working for the few minutes I took the screenshots, it would appear there were more errors after I finally got to bed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Greg Teakert

DSL service dropping/reconnecting often

[ Edited ]
12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 7:39:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

1) A moderator is about to kill all your screenshots that have your public IP address on them.  In the future, check the checkbox that hides your "personal information" to prevent this

2) You are configured for a 32/5 profile but your line is obvoiusly not up to that at present.  In fact, I'm not sure it woudl work on a 25/2 profile right now.

3) Can you capture a screenshot of the bitloading tab and post it?

4) Have you called the AT&T Technial Support number yet?  If so, have they done anything for you?

1) A moderator is about to kill all your screenshots that have your public IP address on them.  In the future, check the checkbox that hides your "personal information" to prevent this

2) You are configured for a 32/5 profile but your line is obvoiusly not up to that at present.  In fact, I'm not sure it woudl work on a 25/2 profile right now.

3) Can you capture a screenshot of the bitloading tab and post it?

4) Have you called the AT&T Technial Support number yet?  If so, have they done anything for you?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DSL service dropping/reconnecting often

2 of 13 (633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 7:48:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

1)  Ahhh yes, lack of sleep will do that... it will have to wait until I get back home to take new ones.  Perhaps I'll just redact the ones I have saved here at work.  Will removing the Outside IP Address be enough?

2)  Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

3)  I'll do this later when I get home.

4)  I have not... I didn't really want to talk to anyone on the phone at 2 am.  Smiley Happy

1)  Ahhh yes, lack of sleep will do that... it will have to wait until I get back home to take new ones.  Perhaps I'll just redact the ones I have saved here at work.  Will removing the Outside IP Address be enough?

2)  Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

3)  I'll do this later when I get home.

4)  I have not... I didn't really want to talk to anyone on the phone at 2 am.  Smiley Happy

3 of 13 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 8:50:00 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hello teakert,

It appears JefferMC hit it right on the head. Your max attainable rate might not be high enough to handle the 32/5 profile. I am also curious to see how that bits loading graph will look. Either way, please feel free to contact us on the forum by clicking here and we would be glad to take the necessary steps to correct all those errors you are getting.

Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello teakert,

It appears JefferMC hit it right on the head. Your max attainable rate might not be high enough to handle the 32/5 profile. I am also curious to see how that bits loading graph will look. Either way, please feel free to contact us on the forum by clicking here and we would be glad to take the necessary steps to correct all those errors you are getting.

Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 13 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 9:52:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

David,

Thanks for the quick response.  I've sent a message as you suggested and will be adding in that bitloading screenshot when I get home later this afternoon.

Have a great day,

Greg

David,

Thanks for the quick response.  I've sent a message as you suggested and will be adding in that bitloading screenshot when I get home later this afternoon.

Have a great day,

Greg

5 of 13 (570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 2:33:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

It would appear things weren't nearly as crazy today as they were last night:

It would appear things weren't nearly as crazy today as they were last night:

6 of 13 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 7:24:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You should not have the comb pattern at the top of your bitloading graph, and the shape at then end is fishy.  You need someone to take a look at your line and/or VRAD connection to be sure everything is OK.  You're in good hands with DavidCS and his group; he'll get you fixed up.

You should not have the comb pattern at the top of your bitloading graph, and the shape at then end is fishy.  You need someone to take a look at your line and/or VRAD connection to be sure everything is OK.  You're in good hands with DavidCS and his group; he'll get you fixed up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 13 (510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 12:14:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just plugged in my new RG (the 3801) and thing appear a bit better from the info I'm seeing here:

Now I'll just be hoping it no longer loses connection at the rate the old one was...

Thanks to everyone for their help so far!

Greg

Just plugged in my new RG (the 3801) and thing appear a bit better from the info I'm seeing here:

Now I'll just be hoping it no longer loses connection at the rate the old one was...

Thanks to everyone for their help so far!

Greg

8 of 13 (495 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 8:16:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That looks a lot better.  A 3801 is better at longer distances than a 3800, and it seems to be proving true for you.

Update us in a few days!

That looks a lot better.  A 3801 is better at longer distances than a 3800, and it seems to be proving true for you.

Update us in a few days!

9 of 13 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 10:05:30 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the screenshots. I am glad we were able to work together to get this fixed. If you run into any further issues, just let us know, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the screenshots. I am glad we were able to work together to get this fixed. If you run into any further issues, just let us know, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 13 (388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 4:08:02 PM
(0)
Contributor
The (comb) look at the top is normal, what you don't want to see is lines dropping from there to the bottom of the grape that's data that's dropped it sounds and looks to me that the RG is bad.
The (comb) look at the top is normal, what you don't want to see is lines dropping from there to the bottom of the grape that's data that's dropped it sounds and looks to me that the RG is bad.

11 of 13 (344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:03:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

FYI...  8 days with the new RG and all smooth sailing.

Thanks,

Greg

FYI...  8 days with the new RG and all smooth sailing.

Thanks,

Greg

12 of 13 (333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 12:47:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:48:12 PM

ReeceJ wrote:

Uh... no.  Well, lines on your grapes are never a good thing, no matter the raisin.

ReeceJ wrote:

Uh... no.  Well, lines on your grapes are never a good thing, no matter the raisin.

[ Edited ]
13 of 13 (318 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments