Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 10, 2013
4:56:52 PM
DONT violate your customers privacy, as they already pay you a lot of money

http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/05/att-considers-selling-your-browsing-history-location-and-more-to-ad...

I must say, it is pretty nafarious to amend this into your privacy policy.  Especially when I have to find out about it through the tech media...

Stop being evil and just make money by providing a quality service to your customers instead of looking to milk them (and their data) for any dollar you can.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/05/att-considers-selling-your-browsing-history-location-and-more-to-advertisers-heres-how-to-opt-out/

I must say, it is pretty nafarious to amend this into your privacy policy.  Especially when I have to find out about it through the tech media...

Stop being evil and just make money by providing a quality service to your customers instead of looking to milk them (and their data) for any dollar you can.

DONT violate your customers privacy, as they already pay you a lot of money

1 reply
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 8:15:35 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thanks  for your post upsetInFL-3, I understand your concerns. However, keep in mind you can opt out by visiting cmpchoice , adworks mobile optout, or by calling 866.344.9850. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Thanks  for your post upsetInFL-3, I understand your concerns. However, keep in mind you can opt out by visiting cmpchoice , adworks mobile optout, or by calling 866.344.9850. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: DONT violate your customers privacy, as they already pay you a lot of money

2 of 2 (132 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments