DO NOT BUY U-VERSE

Tutor

DO NOT BUY U-VERSE

[ Edited ]

These guys talked a good game but, they end up charging you for a ton of hidden items.  They'll say things like,"You're bill SHOULD be AROUND..." and,"There's nothing I can do" after the bill surprises you.  I was quoted $146.00 per month and I have yet to see a bill below $300.00. Not to meniton, the initial installation was unsuccessful and required visits from three other installers on three different occasions.  Their customer service is worse than the DMV and, they are constantly apologizing with ZERO restitution.  Steer clear of these people if you can.  I'll be cancelling my contract as soon as it runs out.  A lot of hassle to go through for nothing better than that other corporation here in Austin. [Please keep it courteous]

Message 1 of 10 (662 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: DO NOT BUY U-VERSE

Do you have a specific issue you'd like address, or are you just here to "warn the masses?"

There are resources available to address your concerns, and quite a few happy customers.  You might be surprised that the happy customers number in the millions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (653 Views)
Tutor

I spent two hours with their "chat support" personnel as well as the 1-800 number.  I got through to the so-called supervisor who was as useless as the subordinate.  "There's nothing I can do" is the U-verse support catch phrase.  Thanks for the reply but no, all of the resources they make available amount to 1,000 apologies and 0 action.  I will be voting with my wallet come re-new date.

Message 3 of 10 (643 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

If you're more interested in a solution than holding a grudge, may I suggest that you click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

This is an escalation group that has more authority than the Call Center staffers or their supervisors.  They will stay with your issues past them hanging up the phone.  

You probably don't have much to lose, so... give it a try.

I'd suggest that you include your BAN and the best way and time to contact you in your PM to speed things along.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10 (638 Views)

Does that mean I should leave now from my service with UVerse that I've had since 2009? 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 10 (607 Views)
Tutor

Thanks sweetie but, I'm interested in communicating the lies that AT&T u-verse spreads and gains profits from.  The customer support people don't care about helping me (already tried), and neither do you.  If you were more concerned with helping me, and less concerned with getting your links out, I might have thought you were a real person.  But no, you're u-verse personnel.  You're a propaganda expert using my negativity towards your product as a launch pad for giving other customers the run around with your worthless links.

Note to potential customers:

Don't be fooled by these swindlers and their multitude of web links.  It's bureaucracy meant to make you feel safe and secure.  That they care about you.  WRONG!  It's the old bate and switch!  DO NOT BUY u-verse!!!!

Message 6 of 10 (566 Views)
Tutor

Since 2009?!!!  You must be grandfathered in to their super dooper awesome service!!...I don't care what you do. 

I'm here to communicate what I think and what some people might listen to.  If I can keep 1% from buying into this sub-par service, I'll feel good about what I'm paying until my contract is up.

Message 7 of 10 (565 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

AMYSTEW38 wrote:

Thanks sweetie but, I'm interested in communicating the lies that AT&T u-verse spreads and gains profits from.  The customer support people don't care about helping me (already tried), and neither do you.  If you were more concerned with helping me, and less concerned with getting your links out, I might have thought you were a real person.  But no, you're u-verse personnel.  You're a propaganda expert using my negativity towards your product as a launch pad for giving other customers the run around with your worthless links.

Note to potential customers:

Don't be fooled by these swindlers and their multitude of web links.  It's bureaucracy meant to make you feel safe and secure.  That they care about you.  WRONG!  It's the old bate and switch!  DO NOT BUY u-verse!!!!

Sweetie....we are customers (aka subs) just like you.  ATT employees carry a moniker as such.

We volunteer our time and experience to try and steer people in the right direction to get issues resolved.  I get that you are frustrated and PO'd but there might POTENTIALLY be a solution to your problem.  You can take the advice that was offered or not.

P.S.  I HATE tomatoes and think everyone should stop eating them!

Message 8 of 10 (562 Views)
ACE - Expert

As skeeter says, we're just customers. AT&T employees have to have the disclaimer saying they don't speak for the company. I understand that your experience with the call center has left you a bit cynical.

Try the PM or not.
Message 9 of 10 (546 Views)

AMYSTEW38 wrote:

Since 2009?!!!  You must be grandfathered in to their super dooper awesome service!!...I don't care what you do. 

I'm here to communicate what I think and what some people might listen to.  If I can keep 1% from buying into this sub-par service, I'll feel good about what I'm paying until my contract is up.

No, I'm not grandfathered into any super duper awesome service, I have had UVerse at 3 different locations now and my service for the most part has been rock solid.  On the rare occasion I have had to call for support my issues have been corrected either while on the call if it's a customer service issue, or within a day if it's technical in nature. You complaining on these boards isn't going to keep 1% of potential customers from signing up, probably not even 0.00001%.  You have been offered an outlet to help with your issue, whether you take it or not is completely up to you. However, if you don't take the advice and continue to complain then you only have yourself to blame.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 10 of 10 (526 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.