Ask a question

Posted Jan 18, 2014
3:48:49 PM
View profile
DLNA Compatibility?

I have a DLNA media server attached to my RG. I can see the contents on all my DLNA enabled devices but have several TVs that do not have WiFi. I was wondering if there is a way to have the RG and set top boxes relay the video to those TVs?

DLNA Compatibility?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 5:00:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How are the receivers connected to the wall on the TV's with no WiFi?  If the ethernet port on the back of the receiver is not in use, you can plug a patch cord from there to the TV.  This is not supported by AT&T but I have two TV's connected this way

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DLNA Compatibility?

2 of 5 (530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 5:41:35 AM
(0)
Scholar
The TVs are all connected to their respective set top boxes either through HDMI cables or RCA cables. The receivers are mostly connected to the network via coax with one wireless receiver. Not sure what you mean about connecting the TVs via CAT5 as none of the TVs have Ethernet save for the one with WiFi.

3 of 5 (521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 6:46:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sorry...I assumed that the TV's were smart TV's but didn't have wireless.  This might be an option for you: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401476&cv=803#fbid=9Jpej2BdgNl

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 9:55:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
Unfortunately, it won't stream video and requires a Windows OS. My media server is Unix and integrated into a WD MyCloud NAS. Thanks anyway...getting closer.

5 of 5 (501 Views)