Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 13, 2013
1:19:17 AM
View profile
DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED
Well for about the last two weeks... my internet has been going on and off. About a week ago there was a accident in our neighborhood that caused some of the boxes alot of damage. Which I understand . But I called in for an appointment before that. It was scheduled for after 4pm. But the technician came at 2 instead and left without doing anything because I wasn't there. That was the whole point of me making a n appointment for 4 ? But no... it was totally ignored. And today. My Internet has been off since 10 am. And right now it is 1 am . I have called and all I got was 40 minutes of wait and then 'we know that there's an outage . We are working on it .." when I first called I was not notified that there was an outage. I had to find out when I was leaving and I saw a at&t with a generator in the back connected to the box on the sidewalk which was damaged... I understand that it takes time to fix it. But its been a week. And today they decide to fix it but there was no notice that the internet was gonna go off for the rest of the day. I was trying to look for some help and I came across here... once I get my wifi back I think I will be using it to cancel it online. Because this is ridiculous. I never had an issue with at&t before.. but this... especially that I was not notified that it will be out. And the appointment for the technician never really was a appointment. Can somebody please give me more info on what is really happening. Because ive called like 3 times and I have not gotten the answer
Well for about the last two weeks... my internet has been going on and off. About a week ago there was a accident in our neighborhood that caused some of the boxes alot of damage. Which I understand . But I called in for an appointment before that. It was scheduled for after 4pm. But the technician came at 2 instead and left without doing anything because I wasn't there. That was the whole point of me making a n appointment for 4 ? But no... it was totally ignored. And today. My Internet has been off since 10 am. And right now it is 1 am . I have called and all I got was 40 minutes of wait and then 'we know that there's an outage . We are working on it .." when I first called I was not notified that there was an outage. I had to find out when I was leaving and I saw a at&t with a generator in the back connected to the box on the sidewalk which was damaged... I understand that it takes time to fix it. But its been a week. And today they decide to fix it but there was no notice that the internet was gonna go off for the rest of the day. I was trying to look for some help and I came across here... once I get my wifi back I think I will be using it to cancel it online. Because this is ridiculous. I never had an issue with at&t before.. but this... especially that I was not notified that it will be out. And the appointment for the technician never really was a appointment. Can somebody please give me more info on what is really happening. Because ive called like 3 times and I have not gotten the answer

DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 6:14:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would recommend that you drive back to where the VRAD is and talk to the AT&T tech.  Ask him/her what the status is and if you should still be seeing outages.  If they tell you no then call in a repair ticket. 

Also, with instances where the equipment is destroyed like you mention, there are many things that come into play.  They probably had to put in a repair order to have the power company come out to replace or repair the source of electricity to the VRAD, and depending on the severity of the damage, replace the fiber equipment, the VRAD, cards in the VRAD, rewire the FX box, etc.  All of this takes time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I would recommend that you drive back to where the VRAD is and talk to the AT&T tech.  Ask him/her what the status is and if you should still be seeing outages.  If they tell you no then call in a repair ticket. 

Also, with instances where the equipment is destroyed like you mention, there are many things that come into play.  They probably had to put in a repair order to have the power company come out to replace or repair the source of electricity to the VRAD, and depending on the severity of the damage, replace the fiber equipment, the VRAD, cards in the VRAD, rewire the FX box, etc.  All of this takes time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED

2 of 3 (221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 6:19:38 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, sahota559!

Are you still experiencing an outage in your area? If so, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I recommend you send us a private message by clicking here so we can track the status of the issue.

In your message, please include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, sahota559!

Are you still experiencing an outage in your area? If so, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I recommend you send us a private message by clicking here so we can track the status of the issue.

In your message, please include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED

3 of 3 (199 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments