Customer service, listen to the customers

j2
Tutor

Customer service, listen to the customers

i contacted att twice so far to see about offers for internet, but i was told the only way to bring down the cost is to upgrade my tv package. I dont know how that is possible. It seems when im trying to save money i seem to get options to increase the amount. Not what i wanted. I had asked a few questions, if i did upgrade tv what would happen to my promotions already in play. And all i get is you can get this bundle for this amount. So i felt they werent listening to me at all. Att is the second highest bill i have and when i see that new customers get much better options which makes sense, but what about the rest of us. Do we not matter

Message 1 of 8 (722 Views)
Employee

Re: Customer service, listen to the customers

Welcome j2, based on your post you currently are in a bundled promotion and wishing to reduce your current bill.
How long before the promotion ends, this has a bearing on your decisions.
If trying to lower or eliminate one portion of the promotion, this is considered breaking the bundle and all remaining services revert to normal month to month pricing without discounts, if trying to lower internet to save $5 or $10, and receiving $41 in discounts that would be lost, you will end up spending more for less.
Therefore to receive a new bundle to save money while still in a promotion, you generally have to have more services with bigger discounts.
Now half way into contract, is this better to enter a new contract for 6 or12 months vs staying in current till promotion ends.
If 3 months or less remaining on current promotion, recommend continuing till term ends....contact retention for a new promotion with less internet or tv services to reach desired savings.
If choose to cancel service, normally $180 cancellation fee. If cancel service must wait 6 months before eligible for new customer promotions.

Please understand these are my thoughts and may be wrong with above statements as that is not my area of expertise with the company.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (693 Views)
j2
Tutor

Thank you for your advice. I currently am not on a bundled plan. They wanted me to switch to a bundled plan and basically save money for 3 months. And then id be right back here. So it doesnt seem worth it.  In my opinion, it does not seem for me. And honestly, this is the first time in 2 1/5 years that a bundled plan has been brought to my attention, which worries me kinda like not everyone is one the same page. The last two times i felt pressured with a take it or not deal, but they ignored what I was saying. All the options they told me were available online. So my time was wasted making the call. Canceling service looks good right now. 

Message 3 of 8 (668 Views)
Employee

J2, if not in a bundle you should be free to change to any level of service without penalty, as a month to month customer can even cancel without termination fee.
Recommend another call to 800 number, request to cancel which gets you to retentions, their job is to keep you, the previous were i suspect sales and can only offer what is currently available that as you mention is the same as online.
Best to you, please post on final resolution, thank you.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8 (650 Views)
Expert

J2 what I have done in the past is to request a reduction in service by getting any promotions that may be available at the time.  Usually A CSR can fine one.  But there are times when you may get an uncooperative CSR who for some reason isn't willing to offer a promotion, or help.  In those cases I respectfully end the call and call right back to speak to a CSR who is cooperative.  This may take several phone calls, but they are out there, and they are willing to give promotions that will temporarily lower your bill.  And when the promotion is nearing its end, call and request that it be extended or you are given another one.  It is not necessasry to enter into a contract to get a new promotion, or have one renewed.

Message 5 of 8 (621 Views)
j2
Tutor

I had called retention and they helped lower my bill a little. Its not exactly what i had expected, but it is better. Internet prcing is still too salty, in general, and i find that my internet is skiddish. Mine doesnt not work very well, doesnt load full web pages and gives countless errors. like i said, too skiddish for the price. 

Message 6 of 8 (421 Views)
Community Support

Hi j2,

I am so sorry about the problems you are having with your services, but I would be glad to help get your internet services working the way they should be. A few things worth trying with partial page load issues is trying a different browser and hardcoding your DNS.

I would also like to look further into your line and will be sending a private message to gather more information.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 8 (383 Views)
j2
Tutor

you call that..valuing customers not so much

[ Edited ]

So since my last post, I called retention and got an offer?! crappy offer but offer i guess. she told me that my bill was going to be X dollars for a year but what she neglected to tell me that promotions will give up in that time and my bill will be XXdollars a month now. And when i called yet again today, i was basically told that i was screwed unless i upgraded because they could not give anything just tried to sell me on stuff as always. Soooo back to the beginning..fantastic. any other charge or addition you would like to add to my bill before i cancel this service

Message 8 of 8 (342 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.