Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 2, 2014
11:04:51 AM
View profile
Customer advocate or ombudsman? Horrible porting issue that hasn't been resolved in six weeks.

An AT&T sales person convinced my 87-year-old father-in-law to upgrade his two AT&T landlines to U-Verse in mid-June.  Numerous things were botched in the process (jacks left hanging off the wall, equipment disconnected--including a security service), but the biggest issue was that AT&T could not successfully port one of the two landlines.  They essentially lost my folks' primary landline, which they'd had since 1975.  

After five very frustrating hours of calls over multiple weeks, AT&T reps finally gave up and said they wouldn't be able to port the number and set an appointment to undo everything and go back to plain old telephone service (POTS) with the number restored.  An appointment was set and a technician was to visit the house for the 4th time.  The appointment was even confirmed the morning of the appointment (after being bounced between 5 different reps and over an hour on the phone).  The technician never showed.  ANOTHER 2 HOURS AND 50 MINUTES on the phone with AT&T resulted in three reps during the call telling me three different things about the appointment and the return to POTS:

• the first said there was no appointment;
  • the second rep said the first one didn't know what he was talking about and the technician was on the way just running late; and
  • the third said the first inadertently canceled the appointment but later changed her story to say that the appointment was never sent to dispatch and that a technician visit would be unnecessary.

Five weeks of calling AT&T, and the issue still is not resolved.  Their original AT&T phone number has not been returned to them.  I've been promised return calls that never happen.  I have been told conflicting things. I suspect I have been lied to on multiple occasions and shunted off the phone when a rep realized they couldn't fix the problem ("oh, our system just went down, you will have to call back tomorrow;" disconnected after 1 hours and 50 minutes on the line).  I never had such a horrid customer service experience in my life.  

Does AT&T have anyone that helps customers when the AT&T and its bureaucracy fail?

An AT&T sales person convinced my 87-year-old father-in-law to upgrade his two AT&T landlines to U-Verse in mid-June.  Numerous things were botched in the process (jacks left hanging off the wall, equipment disconnected--including a security service), but the biggest issue was that AT&T could not successfully port one of the two landlines.  They essentially lost my folks' primary landline, which they'd had since 1975.  

After five very frustrating hours of calls over multiple weeks, AT&T reps finally gave up and said they wouldn't be able to port the number and set an appointment to undo everything and go back to plain old telephone service (POTS) with the number restored.  An appointment was set and a technician was to visit the house for the 4th time.  The appointment was even confirmed the morning of the appointment (after being bounced between 5 different reps and over an hour on the phone).  The technician never showed.  ANOTHER 2 HOURS AND 50 MINUTES on the phone with AT&T resulted in three reps during the call telling me three different things about the appointment and the return to POTS:

• the first said there was no appointment;
  • the second rep said the first one didn't know what he was talking about and the technician was on the way just running late; and
  • the third said the first inadertently canceled the appointment but later changed her story to say that the appointment was never sent to dispatch and that a technician visit would be unnecessary.

Five weeks of calling AT&T, and the issue still is not resolved.  Their original AT&T phone number has not been returned to them.  I've been promised return calls that never happen.  I have been told conflicting things. I suspect I have been lied to on multiple occasions and shunted off the phone when a rep realized they couldn't fix the problem ("oh, our system just went down, you will have to call back tomorrow;" disconnected after 1 hours and 50 minutes on the line).  I never had such a horrid customer service experience in my life.  

Does AT&T have anyone that helps customers when the AT&T and its bureaucracy fail?

Customer advocate or ombudsman? Horrible porting issue that hasn't been resolved in six weeks.

1 reply
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2014 11:47:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Customer advocate or ombudsman? Horrible porting issue that hasn't been resolved in six weeks.

2 of 2 (402 Views)