Customer Support Nightmare, Account Deleted

Customer Support Nightmare, Account Deleted

Moved my U-verse internet service to a new address recently using the online tool. Technician failed to find new address on date new service was to start and left a vague voicemail saying it would be activated the next day.

Contacted Customer Support and got an overseas representative to get status after two days passed. Found out that the move order was cancelled and that I would need to setup a new move request. The overseas representative said she couldn't process my move order since my account was very old (I've only been with AT&T for a little over two years) and that she would have to cancel my account and create a new one to make it work.

I received an email stating that I must return my original U-verse equipment (which was not leased, but purchased outright). Also, my new account number has a lease charge for the equipment that I purchased outright and my monthly charges were not the same as they were before.

Message 1 of 5 (338 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Customer Support Nightmare, Account Deleted

I'm assuming you only have internet since you purchased the equipment. With that being said, you wouldn't have to return the equipment. Also, depending on where you're moving, your old account would have to be canceled and a new one set up (mostly happens when moving between states where U-Verse is available). As far as the lease fee for your equipment at your new address, it was probably the only option available as some areas require the leasing of the equipment.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (330 Views)

Your assumption is correct, I only have U-Verse internet. My move was within California.
Message 3 of 5 (274 Views)
Employee

Was your move within the same area, example in Wisconsin, three areas...Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee...each is its own VHO (video hub)...moving from one area into another results in requiring new account ban, and new equipment for that area,especially IPTV service.

Now which RG do you currently have, 3800 and 3801 are leased the 510 or 3600 are purchased from two years ago.

Additional, it is possible your new address is not comparable, that is a 510 (adsl2+) will not work in a vdsl (3600) environment.

If told of needing to lease for an internet only account, a couple of possibilities exist...
1) Your new address is long loop length requiring a bonded install, 589 RG which is leased.
2) you have ordered the POWER internet tier, while a short loop length, requires a bonded install, 589 leased RG.
3) your new address is fiber to the premise, has an ONT, which requres a leased RG (3800, 3801, 589)

If new account created, or even able to transfer original, Uverse price increase Jan 26th, plus would now have a leased RG adding $7/month to bill, accounting for billing differences.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (267 Views)

Move was between cities with U-Verse, I now have internet after getting a new transfer request in using the equipment I had before. The tech only had to setup the backend.

I paid the $100 to get a 3600 RG. However, at my old address, it took two-three months of techs coming out every other week to fix a line issue (see previous posts). One of the techs thought the 3600 was at fault and gave me a 3801 RG and I have never had to pay a lease fee for it. 

Message 5 of 5 (243 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.