Customer Service

Customer Service

Today I came home and found i had no uverse tv, internet and home phone had no dial tone.  we placed a call to report the problem and was told they wauld have to dispatch a tech and would have our problem fixed by a week from today at 7 pm  .  Can any one explain to me why it would take a week to get someone out to resolve a problem especially when the problem is external to the house.  i checked for dial tone at customer access panel and no dial tone.  Just wondering how I can get AT&T's attention

Message 1 of 14 (690 Views)
Employee

Re: Customer Service

Not a direct explanation but some possibilities
In a normal Out Of Service (OOS) a tech is dispatched within 24 hours
As you were not given that option but a week time frame this is not a normal issue

Could be a road is being widened, they need to move lines and reconnect
A major piece of equipment is down (local outage) and parts not readily available
Some similar type of situation that was flagged when you called in that the system
Recommended not to dispatch a tech immediately.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 14 (656 Views)

I appreciate you taking the time to answer but they have told me there is no outage in the area. other neighbors in the area are working fine. AT&T thinks good customer service takes a week to get dispatch someone to look at an issue? Do I get to reduce my uverse TV, internet and home phone bill by 25% because they won't or can't come out for a week? between cell phone, uverse, internet and home phone I pay AT&T between $350 and $400 a month. That may not be much for ATT but it is to me and for that amount of money I think I should expect better service. If this is what I can expect maybe it's time to move my services elsewhere.
Message 3 of 14 (649 Views)

Call back and demand that they get someone out for a repair as soon as possible because you have no service.  Repairs can be done on Sunday's as well so if they cannot get someone out today then they should be able to get someone out tomorrow. 

In the meantime, what troubleshooting steps have you done?

Have you checked the cable connections between the wall and the RG?

Have you rebooted the RG?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 14 (634 Views)

I am pretty sure the reason for everything no working is tied to no dial tone on home phone. I rebooted everything and have gone out to the customer access point with a phone and have no dial tone there either. I just talked to a friend of mine who works for AT&T and they said it sounds like someone in the area go new service and the installer couldn't find an open pair and so stole mine. They said that happens more than you would think especially since it happened on a Friday. maybe I need to canvas the neighborhood and see if that is a possibility. I certainly hope not.
Message 5 of 14 (626 Views)
Tutor

We are also feeling your pain and frustration.  We are going on our 4th day without phone, internet, or cable and we are just now being told (after all this time) that this is a facilities issue that is going to take at least a week to fix.  We are on the phone trying to see what ATT is going to do about this all while researching other providers who can provide better service.  I am very interested to see what else you find out...could you keep me posted on your situation?

Message 6 of 14 (610 Views)
Contributor

Same issues here for the last 4 days. Tech is scheduled for Sunday between 4:00PM & 8:00PM, unfortunately it may be too little - too late.
Before the sarcasm and poor customer service, I was a U450 + 25mb Internet + Unlimited Home Phone + 3 Cellphone Family Share customer.
Now we're buying an antenna, cancelling the home phone, and reviewing internet speed offerings from the other provider in our area.
Message 7 of 14 (593 Views)
Expert

Send a message my to AT&T Customer Care by clicking on the hyper link in my sig and you will be taken to AT&T Customer Care's profile.  Send them a PM with your info and the issue.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can help you get this resolved.  They will reply to you via PM as well so watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

Message 8 of 14 (533 Views)

We were finally able to get a uverse tech out yesterday.  A very professional guy who was willing to do what ever it took to get the issue resolved.  After he checked the router I told him again that I had been to the customer access point on the side of the house and had no dial tone there either, I was pretty sure if he could find the reason I had no land line dial tone he would fix both issues all my services still come from the street to the house on copper wire.  It took him about an hour but finally found a broken wire in a box two blocks down the street.  Problem resolved.  AT&T can thank there lucky stars that this young man came out because had I gotten any "that is another departments area routine" all my services including my cell phones would be with someone else this morning.

Hope they get you going soon. 

Message 9 of 14 (499 Views)

merle jackson wrote:
I am pretty sure the reason for everything no working is tied to no dial tone on home phone. I rebooted everything and have gone out to the customer access point with a phone and have no dial tone there either. I just talked to a friend of mine who works for AT&T and they said it sounds like someone in the area go new service and the installer couldn't find an open pair and so stole mine. They said that happens more than you would think especially since it happened on a Friday. maybe I need to canvas the neighborhood and see if that is a possibility. I certainly hope not.

FYI. If all your services (TV, Internet and Voice) are Uverse, I don't think you'll get a dial tone at the NID, even if your service is fully functional, because you don't have a normal landline that needs a dial tone. It's like having a dry loop DSL account.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 10 of 14 (485 Views)
Tutor

After leaving messages with the technicians and their managers, sending a "very nice" email to Customer Care, and demanding to speak with someone on the escalation team (we were first told that escalation wouldn't take the call because it was nothing they could do), they finally sent another technician out on Saturday afternoon.  He noticed a red light blinking on our outside box that shouldn't have been.  Apparently, as long as that red light is blinking our service would not work and that was the real problem (this time).  This wasn't something he could fix so he told us to call escalation back and insist on having someone come out on Sunday.  He also told us that with all of these people swithcing over from Time Warner Cable, that the new customers were top priority.  He mentioned that he saw our ticket in the queue on Thursday but, it was moved down the queue for other stuff.  I would think a complete interruption in all services warrants top priority in the queue...but, that's just me.  Nonetheless, someone came out Sunday afternoon, replaced the outside box and did some stuff with the ethernet wiring, and now we're up and re-connected with the rest of the world.  The last two technicians that came out and two guys on the escalation team saved AT&T as well.  20 minutes after getting off the phone with the escalation team, the technician showed up.  During that 20 minutes we were getting ready to jump ship as well.  We were already down for 4 days so, telling us that we were going to be down for a week on top of that was unacceptable.

Glad we are all connected again...Take care!

AT&T...take better care of your customers!

Message 11 of 14 (444 Views)
Employee

For eyescat....you are FTTP to have a box on side of house with blinking red light (ONT).
The uverse tech cannot replace that fiber feed box only an outside lineman specially trained on fiber can do that.
The uverse tech should have been able to create the outside ticket without your need to contact escalation team.
How he would have seen your ticket in queue ion Thursday is beyond me, as that is info only load managers would have not techs.

While installs are scheduled early in the day, i would not say they are given priority, repairs can be scheduled for 8-12, 12-4, and 4-8 appointments. Installs are 9-11, 11-1 or 1-3. Ni installs are scheduled after 3pm but can be dispatched after 3 if job not picked up before 3, could be dispatched at 5 for four box install that could take 6 hours or more to complete.
Now if install runs long due to customer adding additional equipment or difficult wiring or sync issues then repairs may be delayed. I have picked up 12-4 repairs at 5:30 or 4-8pm repair at 7:45 with an hour drive time, jobs not dispatched by 8pm should receive a call informing a reschedule is needed.

The system only allows a certain number of installs and repairs to be taken each day based on numbers of techs scheduled to work, if someone calls in sick then the workload for that day is affected. The company does ask for volunteers to work their days off but are limited to mandatory 15-17 hours per week, if the tech has already worked 5 10-12 hour days (ave 11/day) and has 50-60 (ave 55) worked they cannot require more.

Good to hear issue is resolved. Enjoy.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 14 (430 Views)
Tutor

For my thoughts...As a customer, I am not in the position to verify what the technician saw or how he was able to gain access to such information...that is not the role I play.  Neither is it my responsibility to monitor the technician's schedules.  As a customer, I am at the mercy of whatever AT&T personnel tells me.  Our services went down Wednesday and we were originally told that someone would be out on Thursday between 8 and 12.  That "call informing [us that] a reschedule is needed" would've been nice on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday but, we never received such a call.  Each day, we were told that the issue would be resolved by the end of the day.  And each day that we woke up without service, we had to call and ask about the status of this repair.  So, by Saturday morning, we were no longer believing this "the technicians are working on it and it should be resolved by the end of the day" story.  Hence, my email to customer care and my demand to speak with someone on the escalation team.  My main problem was the lack of follow-up, follow through, and the constant change in story.  To respect the technician's personal time, I do agree that it is unreasonable to expect technicians to work 50-60+ hours a week.  However, as a service provider, I don't think that it unreasonable to keep your customers informed on the status of the services for which we pay good money.  Remember, when an appointment is set, we have to take time out of our schedules to be available for AT&T to fix the issue.  For AT&T not to show up after we've set aside 4 hours of our time (on multiple occasions) and not keep us informed, is very inconsiderate.  I just think that AT&T could do a better job of communicating....especially since they are a global communications company.

Message 13 of 14 (413 Views)
Employee

Agreed, and thank you for taking the time to post, enjoy your services and please post again if anyone on here could be of futher help, thanks again,
Employee Contributor*
Message 14 of 14 (394 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.