Current rates

Guru

Current rates

I'm sure like most of you, you have noticed the rates climbing. I believe uverse is a product that is worth it but darn! I successfully reduced my bill a year ago by talking w/ the awesome c.s.r.'s but think I will do it again.

Anyone have success with trying this multiple times?

Message 1 of 5 (486 Views)
Employee

Re: Current rates

Are your promotion(s) expiring, requiring new promotion?
As rates with fees just increased an average $10 or more depending on equipment, any new promotion will be starting from this higher base price before discounts applied, if same discount, promotion is $10 higher.

Recent increases, all IPTV increased $3, all internet packages increased $5....these will see current promotion expire, currently should see new rate, with corresponding increase in discount on bundle services.
Fee increases, non adjusted to discount rate include $1 more for HSIA (6-7), receivers $1 (7-8), local TV $1 (1.99-2.99)
An account with 4 TVs, DVR free, 3 receivers, with internet would see monthly bill increase $5, with another $8 when promotion expires for total of $13.

Need to be near end of promotion for new, call, say cancel, transferred to RETENTION, do not want sales (new customers)
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (468 Views)
Guru

Thank you for your time. I called and as always they were courteous and helpful. They reduced my rates for a year.

Message 3 of 5 (332 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Something to keep in mind:

The AT&T rate increases, outside of the Broadcast Fee (now becoming standard across the industry), have been barely anything compared to the others.  Come on, a whopping $3 a month is practically unheard of in the pay-TV world.

Think about all the different offers AT&T has done during the year.  The "Pizza-and-a-Movie" with a $15 cashcard and complimentary VOD movie comes to mind.  And the absoutely mind-blowing "Anniversary" card and accompanying cashcard offer, where AT&T actually THANKS its customers for being with them.  Never got either of those for all the years paying Comcrud's escalating prices.

So after you subtract the AT&T offers throughtout the year, the rate increase becomes even smaller, possibly nothing in the end.

Try finding that with any other provider.  Believe me, you can't.

Message 4 of 5 (311 Views)
ACE - Professor

vid30jk wrote:

Something to keep in mind:

The AT&T rate increases, outside of the Broadcast Fee (now becoming standard across the industry), have been barely anything compared to the others.  Come on, a whopping $3 a month is practically unheard of in the pay-TV world.

Think about all the different offers AT&T has done during the year.  The "Pizza-and-a-Movie" with a $15 cashcard and complimentary VOD movie comes to mind.  And the absoutely mind-blowing "Anniversary" card and accompanying cashcard offer, where AT&T actually THANKS its customers for being with them.  Never got either of those for all the years paying Comcrud's escalating prices.

So after you subtract the AT&T offers throughtout the year, the rate increase becomes even smaller, possibly nothing in the end.

Try finding that with any other provider.  Believe me, you can't.

Plus, I like how you can record movies (say, the yearly U-450 preview) and watch them many months after you no longer get the channel. In addition, the "three months free HBO/Cinemax" is something I usually take advantage of once or twice a year...actually, I think I was able to do it three times last calendar year which was extremely odd, but I didn't mind.

When I had U-200, I would alternate "three months free HBO/Cinemax" with "one month free Movie Pack" and some time off in-between offers to catch up!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (271 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.