Current account sent to collections

Contributor

Current account sent to collections

I received a notice stating that the account for my current phone number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) has been sent to a collections agency (Bay Area Credit) for $93.61.  I've reveiwed my last 2 bills and the only charges are New Charges of $102.98 due Nov 7, 2013; which has been paid.  I called the 1-800 number and was told that the $93.61 was related to when I switched to U-verse in mid-Sept and that there was nothing that could be done.  This is not showing on my statements, so I have no record.  My concern is that my credit rating will now be impacted due to $93 that I wasn't even aware I owed. Please advise.  If I somehow missed a charge then please send me the detailed statement or advise on how I can view it online, so that I can verify the charges. And if it's a vaild charge, allow me to settle it without going thru collections.  I've been an AT&T customer for a long time and I'm disappointed by how this is being handled so far.

Message 1 of 4 (378 Views)
Community Support

Re: Current account sent to collections

Hello klwhite2000,

I am so sorry about the account issues you are having. If you do not mind, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. You should hear back from them within 2 business days.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)
Community Manager

Hey, klwhite2000!

Thanks for your post. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent issues. As David said, the best option is to send a message to ATTCustomerCare using the link he provided in his post.

Let us know if you need anything else!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (355 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you.  Private message has been sent.

Message 4 of 4 (342 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.