Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 15, 2013
6:49:04 PM
View profile
Credit report and final bill with combined billing nightmare

To begin let me give a bit of backstory. Back in March 2012 I had cancelled my combined billing with at&t mobile and u-verse. This was before my billing period for the month was up for the u-verse portion. I at the time was in the process of beginning boot camp for the military. After returning my equipment the first week of March I left, and my family was left in charge of paying bills. I never received a final bill for at&t u-verse and was told that I should not have any further bills as all equipment was returned before the required return date and cancelling service before the end of the billing cycle. 

A year passes and I check my credit score noticing a derogatory mark from At&t. It was a bill for $130 from at&t. After calling and being transferred around at least half a dozen times I was told somewhere between at&t mobile, u-verse, enterprise that the information was lost on payments due to the timing of something to do with u-verse and combined billing vs mobile and that it was ultimately sent to collections. I never received a bill for this amount and to this day still have mobile with At&t (kept the mobile after cancelling u-verse) having never had a problem before. To this day I still have not been able to get this issue resolved and am not sure where to go from here. This is greatly affecting my credit score for a final bill I never received (family kept all mail and bills, nor do I have any final online bills as I had paperless sent) and am not sure why I am still being charged given that the service had no termination fee and all equipment was returned and the month cancelled before billing cycle for the u-verse. What can I do to fix this?

Very irritated AT&T customer

To begin let me give a bit of backstory. Back in March 2012 I had cancelled my combined billing with at&t mobile and u-verse. This was before my billing period for the month was up for the u-verse portion. I at the time was in the process of beginning boot camp for the military. After returning my equipment the first week of March I left, and my family was left in charge of paying bills. I never received a final bill for at&t u-verse and was told that I should not have any further bills as all equipment was returned before the required return date and cancelling service before the end of the billing cycle. 

A year passes and I check my credit score noticing a derogatory mark from At&t. It was a bill for $130 from at&t. After calling and being transferred around at least half a dozen times I was told somewhere between at&t mobile, u-verse, enterprise that the information was lost on payments due to the timing of something to do with u-verse and combined billing vs mobile and that it was ultimately sent to collections. I never received a bill for this amount and to this day still have mobile with At&t (kept the mobile after cancelling u-verse) having never had a problem before. To this day I still have not been able to get this issue resolved and am not sure where to go from here. This is greatly affecting my credit score for a final bill I never received (family kept all mail and bills, nor do I have any final online bills as I had paperless sent) and am not sure why I am still being charged given that the service had no termination fee and all equipment was returned and the month cancelled before billing cycle for the u-verse. What can I do to fix this?

Very irritated AT&T customer

Credit report and final bill with combined billing nightmare

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 6:26:56 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, davhall85!

I'm very sorry to hear that there was some miscommunication with that final bill that negatively impacted your credit. We can absolutely have our team of managers take a look. Simply send us a message by clicking here, and be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, davhall85!

I'm very sorry to hear that there was some miscommunication with that final bill that negatively impacted your credit. We can absolutely have our team of managers take a look. Simply send us a message by clicking here, and be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Credit report and final bill with combined billing nightmare

2 of 3 (613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 1:49:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

Were they able to correct your issue? i had the same exact issue, 8 months ago i had a hotspot service with AT&T and cancelled it because of the sooo bad connection they have and that was within the 14 days before i get any charges due. The store rep, billing system, or the billing team did not cancel that account and i kept getting a credit report saying collection or correction and whenever i called AT&T customer service they said nothing wrong with your account and i never got a notice from AT&T or collection saying i have a due amount for 8 months!!!!!! 

i called in and one agent was finally helpful to dig deep to find the issue and correct it but now my credit report will not be fixed because of ATT mistake until another 3 months and am denied loans becuase my still building my credit history and this is showing up alway on my report. i tried to address this issue and speed it up but no one seems to care from customer support and billing team and advised to call the collection agency and credit bureau so i can fix their mistake much quicker. i asked for a way to file an official complaint and no one gave me a staright answer to do it over phone or online (actually to avoid this they gave me a retailer shop number so i can file my complaint there, imagine that!!!!!)  and they only offered me to go to a corporate store to do that!!! 

Am really frustrated and am thinking to file a complaint with FCC as this drove me crazy and i cannot find anyway to comaplin and be taken seriously!!

Were they able to correct your issue? i had the same exact issue, 8 months ago i had a hotspot service with AT&T and cancelled it because of the sooo bad connection they have and that was within the 14 days before i get any charges due. The store rep, billing system, or the billing team did not cancel that account and i kept getting a credit report saying collection or correction and whenever i called AT&T customer service they said nothing wrong with your account and i never got a notice from AT&T or collection saying i have a due amount for 8 months!!!!!! 

i called in and one agent was finally helpful to dig deep to find the issue and correct it but now my credit report will not be fixed because of ATT mistake until another 3 months and am denied loans becuase my still building my credit history and this is showing up alway on my report. i tried to address this issue and speed it up but no one seems to care from customer support and billing team and advised to call the collection agency and credit bureau so i can fix their mistake much quicker. i asked for a way to file an official complaint and no one gave me a staright answer to do it over phone or online (actually to avoid this they gave me a retailer shop number so i can file my complaint there, imagine that!!!!!)  and they only offered me to go to a corporate store to do that!!! 

Am really frustrated and am thinking to file a complaint with FCC as this drove me crazy and i cannot find anyway to comaplin and be taken seriously!!

Re: Credit report and final bill with combined billing nightmare

3 of 3 (489 Views)