Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 24, 2014
5:44:21 AM
Credit Management Fee

AT&T recently phoned me to offer me a great bundling package! I want to emphasize that they called me as an AT&T valued customer.  I was told that I could bundle my services and add U-verse TV and they would give me a $33/month discount for the first 12 months, a $150 Visa gift card and HBO/Showtime free for the first three months as well as waiving installation and activation fees.  Sounds great, right!  One big catch!! They also decided that due to my history with AT&T (off and on for the last 20+ years) with my current services being home phone, wireless and internet, that they would have to charge me $449 for a credit management fee.  Biggest rip off scam I have ever been offered and this pretty much guarantees that as soon as my current contract is up, there will absolutely be no AT&T services in the future.

AT&T recently phoned me to offer me a great bundling package! I want to emphasize that they called me as an AT&T valued customer.  I was told that I could bundle my services and add U-verse TV and they would give me a $33/month discount for the first 12 months, a $150 Visa gift card and HBO/Showtime free for the first three months as well as waiving installation and activation fees.  Sounds great, right!  One big catch!! They also decided that due to my history with AT&T (off and on for the last 20+ years) with my current services being home phone, wireless and internet, that they would have to charge me $449 for a credit management fee.  Biggest rip off scam I have ever been offered and this pretty much guarantees that as soon as my current contract is up, there will absolutely be no AT&T services in the future.

Credit Management Fee

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 7:19:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

kjprice304 wrote:

The $449 fee is based on your credit history, not just with AT&T, but in general as well. What makes you say it is a scam? They told you about the fee, and you made a decision based on that knowledge. To some people, the fee may be worth it, to others not. As long as the fee is disclosed prior to payment, I don't see the issue.

kjprice304 wrote:

The $449 fee is based on your credit history, not just with AT&T, but in general as well. What makes you say it is a scam? They told you about the fee, and you made a decision based on that knowledge. To some people, the fee may be worth it, to others not. As long as the fee is disclosed prior to payment, I don't see the issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Credit Management Fee

2 of 4 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2014 8:43:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

The same happened to us. Please be aware that AT&T charges a Credit Management Fee of $449 when they think your credit rating isn´t good which is obviously the case when you are new in the US and have arrived four weeks ago...

We haven´t been told about this fee and our Order status lists a One Time Charge of $0 and monthly fees of $101. Then we are bit surprised when we saw our first bill. The store in Westfarms Mall told us the Credit Management Fee of $449 would be a deposit and $10 of this deposit would be deducted from the monthly invoice. We went to the store and had a chat with the Support and both of them told us exactly the opposite...

Now we are very unhappy and will cancel the contract with AT&T at the earliest possible date. We will post our experiences in the internet and ask our friends to share them. We can only warn anybody to get into a contractual relationship with AT&T!

The same happened to us. Please be aware that AT&T charges a Credit Management Fee of $449 when they think your credit rating isn´t good which is obviously the case when you are new in the US and have arrived four weeks ago...

We haven´t been told about this fee and our Order status lists a One Time Charge of $0 and monthly fees of $101. Then we are bit surprised when we saw our first bill. The store in Westfarms Mall told us the Credit Management Fee of $449 would be a deposit and $10 of this deposit would be deducted from the monthly invoice. We went to the store and had a chat with the Support and both of them told us exactly the opposite...

Now we are very unhappy and will cancel the contract with AT&T at the earliest possible date. We will post our experiences in the internet and ask our friends to share them. We can only warn anybody to get into a contractual relationship with AT&T!

3 of 4 (557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2014 12:44:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

quenchman wrote:

You receive a $5 credit off each bill to refund part of the credit fee.

quenchman wrote:

You receive a $5 credit off each bill to refund part of the credit fee.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (532 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments