Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 8, 2013
4:00:27 AM
View profile
Cost "just goes up"
Called to see why my U300 package was about 7$ more than its been. The response was "looks like your package cost has increased". For what! Why? How much can the cost just increase for no reason? I can't wait to sign a contract with any other provider. At least then I'll know the cost won't just increase for no reason without warning. Auto pay and Uverse could be the two of the worst decisions a person can make.

Imagine going to the gas pump, and pumping your gas. Then you go in to pay, and its 10% more than it said it was! Ridiculous! For any other service or product people wouldn't tolerate this. But since its ATT, we just sort of accept it and move on? Wrong. And rude. Seven bucks has never got me this mad.
Called to see why my U300 package was about 7$ more than its been. The response was "looks like your package cost has increased". For what! Why? How much can the cost just increase for no reason? I can't wait to sign a contract with any other provider. At least then I'll know the cost won't just increase for no reason without warning. Auto pay and Uverse could be the two of the worst decisions a person can make.

Imagine going to the gas pump, and pumping your gas. Then you go in to pay, and its 10% more than it said it was! Ridiculous! For any other service or product people wouldn't tolerate this. But since its ATT, we just sort of accept it and move on? Wrong. And rude. Seven bucks has never got me this mad.

Cost "just goes up"

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 4:37:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would have to say the reason your costs went up is because you either had promo that expired OR you had a contract (1 or 2 years) and it expired.  Normally across the board rate increases come every Feburary for all Uverse subscribers.

You can check your promos and experation dates by going here: https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute, log into your account, select the service you want to review.  It will tell you your existing promos and when they expire.  My bill just went up $10 on the TV portion because my 6 month promo expired.

As for auto pay.....no way.  I would never give anyone the right to remove money from me when ever they wanted.  I have my bill emailed and click the link in the email to log in and pay AT&T my money when I want to send it to them.  That eliminates the issue you just had.  If you had the email notification instead of auto pay you would have seen the increase and called to see if it was justified before paying the bill.  Just sayin.............

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I would have to say the reason your costs went up is because you either had promo that expired OR you had a contract (1 or 2 years) and it expired.  Normally across the board rate increases come every Feburary for all Uverse subscribers.

You can check your promos and experation dates by going here: https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute, log into your account, select the service you want to review.  It will tell you your existing promos and when they expire.  My bill just went up $10 on the TV portion because my 6 month promo expired.

As for auto pay.....no way.  I would never give anyone the right to remove money from me when ever they wanted.  I have my bill emailed and click the link in the email to log in and pay AT&T my money when I want to send it to them.  That eliminates the issue you just had.  If you had the email notification instead of auto pay you would have seen the increase and called to see if it was justified before paying the bill.  Just sayin.............

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cost "just goes up"

2 of 11 (2,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 6:22:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

msigwart wrote:

Costs just don't increase for no reason; the rep who told you that was just being lazy. 

Like BeeBee said, expired promos are the most common reason for "price increases". If you look at previous bills, promos should be stated; e.g U300 $87 minus promotional credit $10 off for 6 months.

If you compare the previous bill to your current bill, what specific difference in price do you see?

msigwart wrote:

Costs just don't increase for no reason; the rep who told you that was just being lazy. 

Like BeeBee said, expired promos are the most common reason for "price increases". If you look at previous bills, promos should be stated; e.g U300 $87 minus promotional credit $10 off for 6 months.

If you compare the previous bill to your current bill, what specific difference in price do you see?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (2,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 6:36:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

msigwart wrote:

Did you order a PPV movie?  The cost doesn't just randomly go up by $7.  Unless you are just now realizing a price increase from February when AT&T raises their rates. 

Also, EVERY other provider raises their rates, some more than once in a year. To say that rate increases only happen with AT&T is a total assinine statement. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

msigwart wrote:

Did you order a PPV movie?  The cost doesn't just randomly go up by $7.  Unless you are just now realizing a price increase from February when AT&T raises their rates. 

Also, EVERY other provider raises their rates, some more than once in a year. To say that rate increases only happen with AT&T is a total assinine statement. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

4 of 11 (2,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 6:53:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Didn't think about a PPV movie.  With tax, title, and license it does come out to about $7.

Didn't think about a PPV movie.  With tax, title, and license it does come out to about $7.

5 of 11 (2,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 4:13:42 AM
(0)
Contributor
If you're going to say I said things I didn't, at least learn to spell big words like "asinine". Because that is actually asinine. My "promo time" expired several months ago. I will also never use Uverse PPV, its the most expensive method there is. Of course ATT isn't the only one to raise their prices. But when you sign a contract, both seller and buyer agree to a set price. It can't just be changed on a whim. Like my Uverse TV bill has. Many times actually. Of course I attributed that to rebates. Even though that entire time (6 months) my bill was still never the same ammount month to month. Not pennies off, but sometimes as much as 15$. Again, hardly a life changing ammount of money... But when I expect to pay 167.55 like it was last month, and now its 174.09 it just gets old. I don't believe for a second that anyone on here that has TV+Internet from ATT, has the same ammount due monthly. Don't even bother replying you have... Its the Internet, and people on here can do and say anything they want. Even me.
If you're going to say I said things I didn't, at least learn to spell big words like "asinine". Because that is actually asinine. My "promo time" expired several months ago. I will also never use Uverse PPV, its the most expensive method there is. Of course ATT isn't the only one to raise their prices. But when you sign a contract, both seller and buyer agree to a set price. It can't just be changed on a whim. Like my Uverse TV bill has. Many times actually. Of course I attributed that to rebates. Even though that entire time (6 months) my bill was still never the same ammount month to month. Not pennies off, but sometimes as much as 15$. Again, hardly a life changing ammount of money... But when I expect to pay 167.55 like it was last month, and now its 174.09 it just gets old. I don't believe for a second that anyone on here that has TV+Internet from ATT, has the same ammount due monthly. Don't even bother replying you have... Its the Internet, and people on here can do and say anything they want. Even me.

6 of 11 (2,346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 4:48:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

msigwart wrote:

*raises hand...*

Uhhhhh.....I have U300/unlimited phone/internet and my bills since the last price increase in Feb. are between $206.62 and $206.36.  Side note: I keep a spreadsheet...I'm a little OCD.  Granted, I have no idea what the 26¢ difference is but I'll let that go.

The thing to do is retrieve your bills from the last 4/6 months and do a side-by-side comparison. 

OOPSSS....My bad....you said no one should reply....nevermind.....  Smiley Frustrated

msigwart wrote:

*raises hand...*

Uhhhhh.....I have U300/unlimited phone/internet and my bills since the last price increase in Feb. are between $206.62 and $206.36.  Side note: I keep a spreadsheet...I'm a little OCD.  Granted, I have no idea what the 26¢ difference is but I'll let that go.

The thing to do is retrieve your bills from the last 4/6 months and do a side-by-side comparison. 

OOPSSS....My bad....you said no one should reply....nevermind.....  Smiley Frustrated

7 of 11 (2,338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 9:26:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When I call CS and I get a CSR who seems uncooperative I politely end the call and speak to another one who is more cooperative.  Here is the end result.  I have the U300 package  with HBO and Showtime and the 24mps intneret package for under $110 per month.  I was respectful to the CSR and in return they gave me promos for 1 year, and another promo for 3 months. 

AT&T is far from being the best provider, but it is the provider my family and I will stay with because I get great results when i call CS, TS, and AT&T Customer Care.  Because the CSRs who are more knowledgeable and respectful go out of their way to grant my requests, I don't see a reason to go any where else.  My attitude and tone toward the CSRs has proven to be beneficial to me as a Uverse sub. 

I have recommended this to other subs and do so to you.  If you get an uncooperative CSR end the call and call back until you get a cooperative one.  They are out there, and they are ready, willing, and able to help you and grant your request.  And in some cases go beyond what you have asked.

When I call CS and I get a CSR who seems uncooperative I politely end the call and speak to another one who is more cooperative.  Here is the end result.  I have the U300 package  with HBO and Showtime and the 24mps intneret package for under $110 per month.  I was respectful to the CSR and in return they gave me promos for 1 year, and another promo for 3 months. 

AT&T is far from being the best provider, but it is the provider my family and I will stay with because I get great results when i call CS, TS, and AT&T Customer Care.  Because the CSRs who are more knowledgeable and respectful go out of their way to grant my requests, I don't see a reason to go any where else.  My attitude and tone toward the CSRs has proven to be beneficial to me as a Uverse sub. 

I have recommended this to other subs and do so to you.  If you get an uncooperative CSR end the call and call back until you get a cooperative one.  They are out there, and they are ready, willing, and able to help you and grant your request.  And in some cases go beyond what you have asked.

8 of 11 (2,300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 3:27:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

msigwart wrote:

When you compare the bills, what specific changes in pricing do you see?

msigwart wrote:

When you compare the bills, what specific changes in pricing do you see?

9 of 11 (2,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 3:29:19 PM
(0)
Employee

The only $7 fee associated with U-Verse is the monthly rental fee for the non-DVR receivers. I suspect that you may have had a promotion that gave you a second receiver free for a certain period of time which just recently expired.

The only $7 fee associated with U-Verse is the monthly rental fee for the non-DVR receivers. I suspect that you may have had a promotion that gave you a second receiver free for a certain period of time which just recently expired.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 11 (1,821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2013 6:00:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

Another 3 month old post?

Another 3 month old post?

11 of 11 (1,809 Views)