Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted Sep 18, 2013
    6:21:19 AM
    Consistently misled by AT&T over my address for 911 and technical service

After a year AT&T still have my address incorrect. I only have the VOIP so that 911 will know where my kids are if they need to call. as it stands the emergency services will be sent to a town 30 mins from here. Why can't I get a refund for the  service thus far and a break of my 2 year contract? I have tried to speak to AT&T but every time they tell me they have sorted it out and corrected the matter, but they never do and they are never able to help with getting refunded for the service which could have put my family in a dangerous situation. I have had enough of the happy voices from customer care telling me it has all been sorted out, when it hasn't. It's a year later and I have recorded AT&T confirming that I still have the wrong address for 911 and technical services. Why can't they just do the right thing by me and my family and let us out of there rediculous 2 year contract and refund us for the time they have wasted and put my kids in potential danger?

Consistently misled by AT&T over my address for 911 and technical service

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 20, 2013 12:36:04 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

You should send a PM to AT&T Customer Care and let them know what happened.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Csutomer Support, who can help you get this resolved.  Send them your info and your issue and they will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification as they will reply to you via PM also.  Click on this link and you will be taken to their profile.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Consistently misled by AT&T over my address for 911 and technical service

2 of 3 (434 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 24, 2013 6:44:58 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

I have opened a case with the FCC and AT&T did look into this, but for all the hassle, lost time and having a phone which would have sent emergency services to a strangers house miles from my home, they can only offer me 3 months of free phone and refuse to let me out of the last year of my 2 year contract with them. What a joke. I have been lied to so many times by AT&T employees about how they were going to fix everything months and months ago. The company policy seems to be to tell customers what they want to hear and just move on to the next. I would really like to hear from anyone else who has had similar problems with AT&T. Aparently they have this problem with wrong addresses in CT quite often. It would be interesting to know how many customers out there still have the problem and are unaware of the danger. I hope to have more luck with the FCC, lets hope they actually have teeth when it comes to these big telecomms companies.

Re: Consistently misled by AT&T over my address for 911 and technical service

3 of 3 (394 Views)