Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 29, 2013
9:10:49 PM
View profile
Conned into purchasing connectech

My roommate had direct tv installed in my home. My internet service is AT&T UVerse.  There was a problem with the download on demand feature and we were told it was beacause the firewall on the Uverse modem was blocking it. Instead of advising me correctly on how to remove the block, I was told that I neededto purchase CONNECTECH. I had connectech in the past and used it once in the year of paying $15 per month. I just agreed to it today and it wasn't anything that Connecteh even advised me on to fix the problem! All they did was keep me on hold for almost 2 and a half hours!!

How do I get out of the contract to pay for a service that even if I needed it wouldn't be a ble to speak with anyone because they don't seem to care if you have a problem with your equipment or not. Please advise what to do.

My roommate had direct tv installed in my home. My internet service is AT&T UVerse.  There was a problem with the download on demand feature and we were told it was beacause the firewall on the Uverse modem was blocking it. Instead of advising me correctly on how to remove the block, I was told that I neededto purchase CONNECTECH. I had connectech in the past and used it once in the year of paying $15 per month. I just agreed to it today and it wasn't anything that Connecteh even advised me on to fix the problem! All they did was keep me on hold for almost 2 and a half hours!!

How do I get out of the contract to pay for a service that even if I needed it wouldn't be a ble to speak with anyone because they don't seem to care if you have a problem with your equipment or not. Please advise what to do.

Conned into purchasing connectech

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 6:11:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Conned into purchasing connectech

2 of 2 (220 Views)