Connection consistently disconnects at 9 PM

Contributor

Connection consistently disconnects at 9 PM

Ever since switching to Uverse, our internet connection will consistently disconnect at 9:00 pm every single night for about an hour, and it has also started kicking out at 2:00 within the past 3 weeks. This literally happens every single night.  The street lights have no effect as they are not set on a timer system.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (503 Views)
Community Support

Re: Connection consistently disconnects at 9 PM

Hi DavidMahaffey,

I am so sorry you are experiencing issues with your service disconnecting at 9pm. Since it seems to be a very specific time, I would think there is some kind of interference that is happening at 9pm that is causing this. I would be glad to help you investigate this further.

Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. 

I definitely want to try to run some line tests and see if I can see anything happening during those time periods.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (453 Views)
Contributor

I'm experiencing this as well. Between the hours of 8 and 10 PM my router will reset itself. I've lived in the same location with the same hardware setup for ~4 years. This started after the New Year consistently. My guess right now is the amount of network traffic in my apartment complex is spiking because everybody is coming home. 

Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)
Community Support

Hi @CoffeeWithCross,

Interference could be at play here as well and especially with apartments. You may have a neighbor that has introduced some type of interference during that window of time. We'd be glad to help you diagnose the issue and make the recommendations to resolve this. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Thanks,

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (150 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.