Connecting to ATT Wireless Network in Airports

Connecting to ATT Wireless Network in Airports

Do I use my ATT Uverse user name and password to get access to an ATT wifi network in an airport?

Message 1 of 2 (273 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Connecting to ATT Wireless Network in Airports

This should answer your question:

How do I connect at an AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot?

The easiest way to connect at an AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot is to download the Connection Software from AT&T, which will automatically detect and connect to AT&T and partner hotspots for easy access. If you do not have the Connection Software and are in an AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot, configure your laptop or mobile device to connect to the wireless network with the network name "attwifi". To configure your laptop or mobile device, consult your owner's manual. When you open your web browser, you will be shown an AT&T Wi-Fi Welcome Page with various options that will let you connect to the Internet by purchasing AT&T Wi-Fi access or by signing in to your included or paid AT&T Wi-Fi account.

After connecting your device to the AT&T Wi-Fi network, launch your device browser. You will be presented an AT&T Wi-Fi Login Page with various Login Options.

For AT&T High Speed Internet or AT&T Fast Access DSL customers with AT&T Wi-Fi Basic included, you will need to input your AT&T master account (not a sub-account) Member ID and the associated password. This is the same as the primary email address on the account. Your Member ID goes in the "Username" field. Use the "Make a Selection" drop-down menu to select your AT&T network name (i.e. sbcglobal.net, att.net or other AT&T network name). Next, enter your AT&T account password. Click "I agree to the Acceptably User Policy" and click the Log In button.

You will be presented the AT&T Welcome Screen indicating you are now connected to the Internet. From here, you may search for information using the Yahoo! Search field or surf off to your favorite Internet sites using your browser's address bar. The process is the same for both AT&T Wi-Fi Basic and AT&T Wi-Fi Premier customers. AT&T Wi-Fi Premier customers need to select AT&T Wi-Fi as their network name.

For AT&T Wireless Blackberry, iPhone running 3.x operating software, and LaptopConnect customers, you simply walk into the AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot and launch your device browser. You are now connected to the Internet. From here, you may search for information using the AT&T Yahoo! Search field or surf off to your favorite Internet site using your browser's address bar. No login process is required.

If you purchased a new iPhone on or after 6/17/2009 from AT&T or have upgraded your AT&T 2G/3G iPhone with the new 3.0 operating software, accessing and AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot is super easy.

• Activate Wi-Fi from the settings icon on your iPhone
  • Once you are in an AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot select "attwifi" from the list of available networks
  • Every time you enter an AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot you will be automatically and securely logged in to the AT&T Wi-Fi Network
  • Enjoy Surfing at Broadband speeds

If your AT&T 2G/3G iPhone is running 2.x operating software you will need to update to the latest iPhone software. Please go to iTunes*, select the Apple 3.x software update and synchronize your phone. You can then access AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots using the steps listed above.

If you have a coupon or prepaid card, click on the Login Options button and enter your coupon code or prepaid card number in the space provided, then click the check box to agree to the AT&T W-Fi Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy, and click the Connect button.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (243 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.