Helpful Links

Connecting green cable from cat5 uverse Internet

Connecting green cable from cat5 uverse Internet

Hey guys I have a cat5 for my uverse Internet connection. And people were doing some remodeling outside where my service line drops into the box. The gray outside box was dropped and my wires became unplugged now am trying to figure out how to plug it in. The only cable that's plugged to the cat5 is the green/white cable. And am trying to figure out in what color slot do I need to plug this green/white wire on the outside box. Uverse Internet is the only service am subscribed to. No phone or tv
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Master

Re: Connecting green cable from cat5 uverse Internet

Can you take a picture of the network interface box and post it on here so we can see what you have to better assist?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8

What site or app can I use to upload a picture and paste the link here. Sorry for the ignorance :/
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted

Message 4 of 8
ACE - Master

Okay, put the wire that is white with the green stripe on the Line 1 terminal marked "GRN", and put the wire that is green with the white stripe on the Line 1 terminal marked "RED".  The wires in your photo that are already stripped back showing copper.

If it doesn't work on the Line 1 side, move the wires to the Line 2 side in the same positions and try it there.  One of those two should get you going.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8

Is not working I've tried the method on both lines. I opened the top and this is how it looks like

www.4gp.tw/b034/1399693017476.jpg
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Master

Wow someone has really butchered your network interface!!  Okay, take the white green and green white wires off of the screw terminals done in the above instructions and look at the grey device marked AFL Telecommunications, and put the white green wire on the terminal that's black on that unit and the green white wire on the yelllow terminal on that unit and tighten the screws down.  That will get you going for sure.

Someone has cut all of the wiring inside your network interface and replaced it with the AFL filter.

1399693017476.jpg

Message 7 of 8
Employee

The grey unit is the VDSL splitter, phones connect to Red/Green while Uverse connects to Yellow/Black.... solid green to yellow, grn/wht to black.

Personally I would request tech visit to have new NID install, non billable.
And I do not see a ground wire to NID, needs to be one.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support