Connecting TP-Link Archer C7 router to UVerse 3801HGV

Tutor

Connecting TP-Link Archer C7 router to UVerse 3801HGV

So I am a new U-verse user and am trying to connect my TP-Link Archer C7 dual-band AC router to it due to HD video streaming I do from various things such as Netflix and my NAS box. I am able to connect the TP-Link router to the U-verse modem/router via Lan to Lan and when connecting my laptop to the TP-link router via another ethernet LAN connection I can access the internet. The problem I am having is accessing the TP-Link router configuration page. Usually it's 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 however after trying both I just get an error page. 192.168.1.254 will lead me to the configuration page of the UVerse router however. Via CMD, ipconfig shows my IP address to by 192.168.1.69.

So basically my issue is figuring out how to access the login page for the TP-Link router so I can rename the SSID and give it a static IP address.

Thanks for any possible help.

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Connecting TP-Link Archer C7 router to UVerse 3801HGV

Do you just want to use the TP-Link router for wireless access (due to the faster dual-band AC)?  If so, then follow these instructions:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth...

If you want the TP-Link to perform all routing so that you have control over your own firewall, etc., then follow these instructions:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth...

Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thanks for replying. But the issue I am having is accessing the routers configuration page (usually it's 192.168.0.1) but the link doesn't work so I can't change any of the settings on the router such as the IP addresses. 

Message 3 of 5
Expert

To connect back to the TP-Link, you will need to unplug the cable connecting the TP-Link to the U-Verse gateway, and then plug your computer into the TP-Link. Reboot both the TP-Link router and the computer, and you should then be able to pull up it's web interface.
Message 4 of 5
Tutor

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow when I'm back at the place!

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support